Update on Mods (with Pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wife hooked me up big time this year for Christmas: ARB Bull Bar, M12000 and Sliders. I went with the M12000 b/c of all the positive feedback from you all. In addtion, I wanted to ensure that if I get stuck way out in the boonies, I do not kick myself for going with a lesser winch. The ARB is the standard winch ready model Bull Bar. I went with the ARB b/c of its strength and awesome looks.

I went with 4xInnovations bolt on sliders. They are very burley, provide great Cat protection and have some real cool kick-outs. The installation was very straight forward and easy. I was real impressed with Adam as well. He was very helpful and had the sliders shipped out 1 business day after I placed my order. They come bare metal so I hit them with a few coats of Duplicolor Green Primer and Flat Black enamel--rattle can.
ARB 012.jpg
ARB 004.jpg
ARB 005.jpg

Here is a picture of the Winch Mounted to ARB. I test fittted the Bull Bar without the 123lb winch. If anything was off, it would be PITA to wrangle the entire package. Luckliy, the ARB slid right onto the frame horns. With the winch mounted to the ARB, this package is heavy!!! I have an overhead hoist system that I rigged up to take the HT off the 40 https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/241896-hoist-system-hard-top.html. This was a real back saver!! I was able to get everything lined up and mounted by myself with the assitance of the hoist.
ARB 027.jpg
ARB 026.jpg

Little help from my 3 year old. He is all about the LCs!! And Finally-- Everything is on and working properly. I have a bit of stickbug. Looks like my 850s are going to get upgraded to Js here pretty soon.
ARB 025.jpg
ARB 030.jpg
ARB 031.jpg

Awesome looking rig! Love the sliders too! How much did they cost you?

Looks great. I want my LX to look like that someday. Cool way of lifting the winch and bumper.:clap: I used and engine hoist to install all mine.

Awesome looking rig! Love the sliders too! How much did they cost you?

You can reach out to Adam @ 4X Innovations Online - Custom Toyota Truck Tube Works for an exact quote. If memory serves me right, I think they were around $590 plus shipping. All in all they are a great value. I will be testing them out in a couple weeks at the Superlift Off Road Park down in Hot Springs. I will definitly shoot out an update after I have had a chance to work them out.

Josh

Nice Wife! Id say she is a keeper. Nice truck also! Did you build that 40?

The 40 is completly un-restored. It's basically a time capsule that gets pampered and driven when there is no chance of rain, snow, heavy bird traffic, etc..

you have a great wife!!

I really dig the cat protection those sliders offer. Really nice.

Very nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for it when I'm in town.

Dead sexy.
That is a lot of winch you got there and it doesn't really look too stick bug either?
I'm running 850/860 with a 10mm packer in each of the front corners and I'm way more stink bug than that, must be the weight of the diesel.

Very nice - awesome that you were able to mount the winch to the ARB before installation. Much easier than having someone bench press the winch from under the truck while you hurry to get a couple of the bolts in! Your helper certainly looks like he enjoyed the work too!

Most importantly - keep ahold of a wife that gives you all that for Christmas!!!

Dead sexy.
That is a lot of winch you got there and it doesn't really look too stick bug either?
I'm running 850/860 with a 10mm packer in each of the front corners and I'm way more stink bug than that, must be the weight of the diesel.

I will trade you my 4.5 petro for the smoker!! Then you can get rid of the stinkbug!

Josh,

Your wife must love you A LOT!!! :eek::hillbilly:

Your mods look pretty nice!
And I also like the fact that you're being a responsible father/cruiserhead by nurturing the next generation! ;)

Sweet rig! You made the right move with the M12000.

Thanks for posting these photos. They help when considering the many
slider options for my LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom