Line-X'ed the bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The front bumper and turn signal valence was rock pitted, peeling and cracking so I removed them. Sanded them down and took them to Line-X and it looks 10 times better. It only cost me $70 and I also had them spray the back of my offroad lights which I havent put back on yet along with the bumper vents(which i'll just spray paint). Here are the before pics
before1.jpg
before2.jpg
before4.jpg

and the after shots.
DSC_0122_2.jpg
DSC_0123_2.jpg
DSC_0124_2.jpg

looks 100 times better! Very nice and clean looking.

No, i took off the caps, taped up the threads and did all the prep. If they were too spray it with the end caps on it would be almost fused together where they join up. I think I got a smokin deal, I called a few Line-X guys and he was the lowest price. Plus he is willing to shoot any small pieces you additionally want done for little money. So if anyone in the Phoenix area want more info just PM me. Im thinking I might pull off the rear bumper even though nothing is wrong with it and have it sprayed too, to match.

Is this the linex on dysart?

looks nice...but that's $70 you could have put on your lift :hillbilly:

yep, thats the one. Very true, but I didnt take the $70 out of my lift savings, which is $1600 so far,...I took it out of the cruiser gas fund so I will be driving the Prius more.

azrider-

What did you do for prep? Sand and prepsol? Did you sand to bare metal, or just smooth out the scapes?

BTW, it looks cool.

-KK

just sand it down a little to rough it up, thats it. nothing else. dirty or clean, it works.

Very :cool:!!!!!

you know... I have been thinking that once I get a front bumper I was going to get it powder coated silver... Now I think I am going to hit the Line X shop. I know they can do a silver color because I know a guy that has it on his Dodge Ram... I like it and it will probably scratch less than powder coating.

Look Great

slamd58- the price of getting the Line-X done in a particular color is more expensive though. They have to mix a certain amount just for you, unlike the way I did it, he called me when he was finishing up another project and I would drop by then, cheaper that way. Not to mention the majority of bedliners done are in black so its easier to drop by to get a few small things sprayed.

bump - could we get some more pics, from farther away? I am really thinking about doing this, but wanna see the "whole package" so to speak.

here you go
DSC_0122_2.jpg
DSC_0123_2.jpg
DSC_0125_2.jpg

one more
clean.jpg

couple more
dsside.jpg
psside.jpg

close up profile shots
profile1.jpg

profile2.jpg