Simple seat fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reconranger

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy,

I had the dreaded "Oh Oh" when my front passenger seat got stuck this past weekend on my "97 LX450 in full forward. The motor whined but seat wouldn't budge. The following pics are what I found. Whew, thanks to this board, it was an easy fix. For awhile, $$$ signs were dancing in my head. My MUD search gave me the answer. Thought some pics would be appreciated. I pre-emptively tightened the little screw on the driver's side (it was loose). Half a :banana:. Thanks MUD!

Pic 1: Only 2 year old could fit (joking)
LX450 front.JPG

Pic 2: One power clip to remove under seat
power cord.JPG

Pic 3: View from bottom of seat
bottom of seat.JPG

More to come!
LX450 front.JPG
power cord.JPG
bottom of seat.JPG

ok, more pics!

Pic 4 & 5:
That dreaded li'l plastic threaded insert that fell out. 2 pics in case you wear glasses like I do.
I almost had it vacuumed up at the local car wash. I will never vacuum my vehicle at a car wash again!
Simple fix that saved me hundreds of dollars. I pre-emptively tightened my driver's seat. That was half loose. Whew!!
NOT as important as a PHH repair, but I thought for sure I was gonna lose my next paycheck! Hope the pics help.
that little cap.JPG

li'l cap.JPG
that little cap.JPG
li'l cap.JPG

Can you post the picture of "bottom of seat" and mark where the screw is in that picture? I am having a hard time orienting the detail shot to the overall shot.

Thanks, good thread.

Can you post the picture of "bottom of seat" and mark where the screw is in that picture? I am having a hard time orienting the detail shot to the overall shot.

Thanks, good thread.

Ok.

The threaded cap is marked. It is in-board and in the front. Hope this helps. From what I understand, they don't sell these parts individually and you have to shell out for the whole shebang! :cheers:
seat bottom 2.JPG

thanks for posting, mine popped out last week and found it laying in the floorboard. I was able to screw it back on using a shorty screwdriver, didnt have to remove the seat.

Thanks for posting this thread. My passenger seat got stuck in the forward position up in the mountains this weekend and my wife had to sit with her legs up against the glove compartment for the day. Thanks to your photos, I was able to take out the small insert you identified from the drivers side seat and place it in the passenger side just to get the passenger seat back into position. What I thought was going to be a long fixed turned out to be only a few minutes. Now if I can just find a replacement for that insert. Do you know of anywhere to get that piece?

Thanks again.

Gamiviti - custom manufactured happiness

Gamiviti sells a pair for $10. I scored one a dealer a couple of years ago, don't if they used to sell them, or if they just happened to have one laying around.

had the same problem, only took me an hour or so to figure out what the problem was and where that stupid little thing went back to, should have checked here first, it would have saved me some time. I did not take the seat out though, just finally found the spot and used a screwdriver bit to tighten it up snug by hand.

Hah My dad moved the seat at Gsmtr last year and we almost lost the little deal...I knew the score . Its a real PITA to get that screw in on the passenger side with the seat forward.
To anyone reading I recomend regular PM on that screw!!

Just ordered a piar of caps and a pair of gears...thanks!

I've been thru this twice. The first time I put the plug back in & everything worked fine. I found the plug in the floor about a year earlier but didn't know what it was for. Luckily I kept it. The second time my passenger seat got stuck even though the plug was still in place. Just wanted to mention the seat can be adjusted from the front of the seat. Remove the plastic panel then turn the bolt heads. I manually moved the back. The kids have been told not to move it forward again.

What a timely post. The little plastic insert for my passenger side seat was sitting in my console for the last week or so. I just re-inserted it and the seat works great.

Thanks for the thread!

So I was reading this thread to fix my passenger side seat but I noticed that the bolt that the white plastic cover fits over, is not centered. I cannot easily put the cap back on and screw it in. What should I do?

fixed seats on my lx450 with advice found here. Piece of cake.
Thanks guys!

My passenger seat acts like it wants to move but it's feels like its only pulling on the outboard side like something on the inboard side is blocking it from moving. Is this the missing cap issue? Or something else?

subspd,

I bet you have the missing little white cap. I just went through this.

tpham32,

I just went through this too. The "bolt" you mentioned as not being centered is an "axle" of the slave motor. You might have to remove the seat to do this, but if you get the two lower seat rails to line up together (so the seat is straight and the lower rails mirror each other), then that axle should center properly and then you should be able to re-install the little white cap on to the slave motor. I thew a dab of grease in the center of the cap, btw.

Hope this helps.

Jon

A couple of days after buying my 80 I went to car wash to vacuum it out. Moved the p/s seat forward and started vacuuming. When I went to the p/s I noticed the white cap laying on the floor. I picked it up and looked at it and thought " wtf" and pitched it right out :doh:

Needless to say. Seat would not go back and then it was " WTF"

Did search here and found the info. Took the cap out of the d/s and put in and it worked. Don't need to move the d/s seat very often.

I will be ordering a few extra though.

Thanks mud!

Mattnatti,

I saw that cap on the carpet and kept it luckily. I thought I was going to need a new slave motor for the seat. Nope... After I got the seat rails lined up, I put the cap back in and now things are great.

I just got new caps and gears this week from here:
Gamiviti - custom manufactured happiness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom