does anyone know who can do a sbc swap in dallas ftw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to keep everything that i have except the motor im running 37s and need more power i dont have the time to do it my self i would be willing to pay 3,000.00 depending on the motor

4 speed
spring over see pic

thanks

its a 1978

the 2f is great solid lots of power for what it is just need a bit more power
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg

Howdy! Would it be easier/cheaper to just drop in a regear? Probably do it yourself. John

You might need a larger budget. My 350 swap cost me $2000 plus the motor... When the dust settled $2500.

I did most of the work... Other than $450 for complete custom exhaust and $60 to have a welder weld in the mounts.

i want to keep everything that i have except the motor im running 37s and need more power i dont have the time to do it my self i would be willing to pay 3,000.00 depending on the motor

4 speed
spring over see pic

thanks

its a 1978

the 2f is great solid lots of power for what it is just need a bit more power

Randy Suttles in Irving could probably help. His MUD name is iaintscared1969. Name of his business is RT customs.

info@RTCustoms.net Not sure if that's still a good email address.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/253135-my-rt-customs-v8-fj40-build-begins.html

Talk to Butch Baker in Bonham (Texican on here). If he doesn't do it, he will know who will. I don't know anybody that will do it for $3,000.

definetly butch baker in bonham. great guy and knows 'a little" about cruisers. you'll be in great hands.

georg

sweet thanks i will start calling next week im going to find a engine april 2

Yes, Butch (Texican) can hook you up. Are you thinking a 5.3?

so how do i get ahold of butch?......im putting a twin turbo 6.0 ls motor in my 66 chevelle and i have a zz4 creat motor that im taking out of it so i want to drop that into my fj....i have looked and looked using search and f&q and cant seem to find a Parts list needed to swap in a carbed 350 to a 1978 4 speed any help would be great

sweet thanks .....anyone have a link or can give me a parts list? thanks for the help

im assuming........ motor mounts, headers, bell housing adapter, flywheel?, starter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom