ROTW ROTW Camcruiser13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It started in the early months in the year 1977,

this rig brought me home from the hospitol a few days after i was born. of course it was snowing.

i dont really remember the 40 until i was 5 or 6ish and my father would let me sit in the wheel and he would turn and i thought it was the funnest ride i had ever been on, the sibblings and i would also hang from the factory roll bar and swing back and forth as the rig would turn and what not. safety not a huge issue back in the day.

there was one day when i was 14 that stands out well in my mind. i had to run to my baseball coaches house to pick up my mitt, to my suprise my father threw me the keys and said, "time to learn to drive a stick"

awesome i thought, and i waited for him to get up and follow, he never did, and followed that with a " bring her back in one piece"

well ever since then i have loved it..

here is a pic with me as a young man..........

started stock and now has

ps
sr
soa
in the works..all parts in the garage just putting it all together
37,s
chromolys
locked front an rear
4.88s
ram assist
6 stud knuckles
beadlocks
4x4labs hysteer (first ever)

NOW I CLAIM TO BE NO EXPERT IN WELDING OR MECHANICS, HELL EVEN COMMON SENSE, BUT I ENJOY LEARNING AND BUILDING MY OWN THINGS. EXCUSE THE POOR MANOR OR STUPID MODS I HAVE DONE
IMG_1603.jpg

Last edited:
my parents would always pack us up and take us out camping, i have so many stories and memories a few pics of the cruiser in the early years,

he last one kills me, thats my father pimpin no shirt and the fro in the 40.
IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg

now we fast foward a few years, 18 or so and i now have aquired the 40 from my father for an undisclosed amount, heres what she looked like when i got my hands on her.
busted up.jpg

she mostly sat in the driveway, and i always thenk my dad for not geting rid of it. i always saw potential. i got it and started tearing into it. did a v8 swap and started goofing around with the body
block.jpg
enginefront1.jpg
after.jpg

really didnt start dumping money and mods in to it until a few years ago. started with spring over and power steering. here is a pre mod pic

i will attach some photos and links to the threads as i go for more info if you are interested
IMG_0307_3_1.JPG

along with power steering and 4x4labs hi steer
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG

a few more ps pics
if you notice where im at, i did all this in the carport at my old apartment, the neighbors thought i was a redneck , but the landlord never did say anything:cool:
IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG

soon after the soa and ps were done i figured i needed a locker so i got myself an aussie. i have no pics but heres a link from last week with provocruiser

while i had the front end apart i threw on a new made bumper and oredred meatl techs stinger and nose guard
IMG_0569.JPG
bumper.jpg
bumper2.jpg

getting it ready for some walmart .97$ spray paint
nose gaurd.jpg
stinger 001.jpg
stinger 003.jpg

got it painted and done and then really didnt do much, this is all done in summer of 2005 and then shortly after we bought a house and then was a happy man
IMG_0604.jpg
post stinger dine.jpg

with me now having a garage i thought what now???

then from their i went on to do a shackle reversal.

heres a link for that thread and heres a few pics
IMG_1144.jpg
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg

you get the just of it, see the link for more detailed write up.

well now that i had a garage, i figure turn it into a paint booth for a weekend and do some half doors.

heres the link for the write up and slap up some teaser pics

also herculined them to match the tub. some new hardware and bling bling there done
DCP15468_1.jpg
DCP15474_1.jpg
DCP15481_1.JPG

getting all tha done, i decided to hit some trails, and test her out
almost lost it mud.jpg
IMG_1329_1.jpg
upcrack mud.jpg

then i needed a spare tire carrier and alot of you have chimed in with good comments recently on this one.

i like the poison spyder one so i copied it. heres the link for that thread and ill i give you some pics here too.

speaking of wich i got some updated photos i need to load, tomorrow.
IMG_1591.jpg

on the to do list, which i have all the parts is some of the below items

ram assist

beadlocks

6 stud knuckles

chromoly

los of others

i should get her all back together for april/may wheeling
IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1582_2.jpg
IMG_1583_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread