For Sale 1997 40th Anniversary FZJ80 w/lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Cruiser has been sold.

Hi all;

I recently listed my 1997 40th Anniversary on ebay. Please feel free to take a look and/or ask any questions you want. The listing is at Toyota : Land Cruiser FZJ 80 Toyota : Land Cruiser FZJ 80 | eBay

I have the reserve set at $13,000.00. If y'all think that is not the right price, please feel free to let me know. I will respect whatever you have to say, after all, you are the experts.

All I know is that it runs, drives, and looks excellent. I just have to sell it. It kills me, but I have to.....

Thanks for your help!!!

Last edited:
Cool truck...decent chance at that price on ebay.

I sold the same (Sage 40th) truck (more miles but fresh top-end rebuild w/ headgasket), new OEM-correct leather (uninstalled), ARB front w/ winch, OME lift, lockers

No sliders.

Tons of extras for $9K. I could've probably pulled 10 if I listed it for sale, maybe 11 on ebay.

Every 80 should look like yours.

Good luck!

cruisergeek said:
Hi all;

I recently listed my 1997 40th Anniversary on ebay. Please feel free to take a look and/or ask any questions you want. The listing is at Toyota : Land Cruiser FZJ 80 Toyota : Land Cruiser FZJ 80 | eBay

I have the reserve set at $13,000.00. If y'all think that is not the right price, please feel free to let me know. I will respect whatever you have to say, after all, you are the experts.

All I know is that it runs, drives, and looks excellent. I just have to sell it. It kills me, but I have to.....

Thanks for your help!!!

That auto check score and the front end collision is going to hurt. Too bad, sounds like a nice truck.

What size tires are you running and what gears? What is the 7 pin mod? I keep seeing that on here, but am clueless as to what it is.

What size tires are you running and what gears? What is the 7 pin mod? I keep seeing that on here, but am clueless as to what it is.

I am running 285/75-R16 Yokohama's. I really like them....

The Pin 7 mod is a simple push button on the dash that allows you to override and completely unlock the center diff, allowing you to drive in low range 2wd. It helps when going slow in tight quarters and 4wd is not needed. You can find some nice write-ups on it here with a simple search.

That auto check score and the front end collision is going to hurt. Too bad, sounds like a nice truck.

At first glance, you are right, it is a low Autocheck score. Unfortunately Autocheck takes into account the number of owners in a vehicles history. That, coupled with the front end collision is what spits out the low score.

When I bought the vehicle, I had the truck inspected, frame lasered, and everything checked out just fine. All indications were that it was a very light hit. The front bumper was the original so it couldn't have been too bad. The only downside to the hit was that the 40th stickers were taken off for paint touch-up and they never searched out new ones to put on. Now they're not available.

It is a nice truck, I am really sad to see it go. Believe me, I am not selling it because it isn't straight.

I only have 18 posts because I don't comment on everything I read, I have read thousands of posts on this site and it has been my bible. I only wish this criticism would have come from someone with a few more posts under their belt. Thanks for looking...

cruisergeek said:
I only wish this criticism would have come from someone with a few more posts under their belt.

Why do post counts serve as an indication of expertise?

Beautiful truck. GLWS.

Why do post counts serve as an indication of expertise?

Beautiful truck. GLWS.

You're right....I guess I should have just let that comment go. I am very proud of my truck and know that there is nothing wrong with it. My circumstance has me a little hypersensitive.

I apologize, let's get back to the sale....

The Pin 7 mod is a simple push button on the dash that allows you to override and completely unlock the center diff, allowing you to drive in low range 2wd. It helps when going slow in tight quarters and 4wd is not needed. You can find some nice write-ups on it here with a simple search.

If I understand it correctly, the Pin 7 mod is when you have a center diff lock button AND you have modified the 7th pin (pulled it) under the driver's side dash (search under modifications in the 80s section here on MUD) so that you can use center diff lock in 4 HI or 4 LOW. The center diff lock button is not just a "simple push button"

Last edited:
cruisergeek said:
You're right....I guess I should have just let that comment go. I am very proud of my truck and know that there is nothing wrong with it. My circumstance has me a little hypersensitive.

I apologize, let's get back to the sale....

Not meant as a criticism. Sorry it sounded that way.

My 97 40th with SC and a bunch of other goodies only sold for 12k and change on eBay frankly I was a little disappointed...only had 98k miles too.

I bought my 96 earlier this year with 138k miles, no e-lockers but it did have a rear Aussie locker, sliders, lift, 315 mud tires, good shape inside and out, TJM front bumper (no winch), recent axle jobs done, full records, only a couple other owners - $8,500. A year newer with lockers, slightly better condition, bumper, winch like you have on there and I would pay a little more but not over half again as much. Honestly I think 11k would still feel like a decent deal, more than that and I'd keep looking. Just my two cents. GLWS, that is a good looking rig!

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom