Rubithon 2008 June 18th- 22nd, 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning is in full force for Rubithon 2008. Tony Twiddy our illustrious Chairman is mad at work planning what could be the the Greatest Rubithon of all time. The "Hall of Fame Run". He is even promising that it won't snow. His promise held true in 2007 and we had some of the best weather I have experienced while camping.

Yes, Tony is calling up past committee members and other past volunteers, as well as, enlisting new ones. Thanks to Tony I have a Co Chairman this year for the raffle, Jerod Knox, AKA 2ndGenToyotaFan. If you are interested in supporting the event with a raffle prize please contact one of us via PM and we can work out the logistics.

The registration form is not out yet but look for it in an upcoming issue of Trails magazine and at the Rubithon web site at Rubithon (click on the word Rubithon). While you are their be sure and check out the Sponser support page at Rubithon Sponsors and see the list of companies that donated to the event in 2007. Is your company listed ? If not be sure and donate to Rubithon 2008 and we will make sure you are include along side these great companies. But more importantly, when you look at the list remember which companies support this and other TLCA events and support them by buying their products. When you do this be sure to thank them personally for their support of Rubithon and/or the other events.

To attend this event you need to be a TLCA member. You can join at Join TLCA : The Toyota Land Cruiser Association .

There are minimum vehicle requirements for this run, if your rig does not meet them don't attempt the trail and put yourself, others and your rig in harms way.

Dave Thomas
Rubithon Raffle Co Chair

If you get the premier package, Yes it's included...

Right but the premier package includes membership for a year...

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. In the past you got two free t shirts and a dash plaque with the basic registration, and neither of those are mentioned in this year registration form.

I've left a message yesterday, on the # provided on the registration form, (which I believe is Tony Twiddy's #), but have gotten no response.

This seems like a major change to me, just trying to get clarification.

Right but the premier package includes membership for a year...

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. In the past you got two free t shirts and a dash plaque with the basic registration, and neither of those are mentioned in this year registration form.

I've left a message yesterday, on the # provided on the registration form, (which I believe is Tony Twiddy's #), but have gotten no response.

This seems like a major change to me, just trying to get clarification.

I dont remember the 2 free T shirts just the 2 free Sat dinners,raffle ticket and dash plaque.

The membership gets added to your existing expiration...

As far as last years run the regular runs did NOT include the shirts or meals..

Maybe a long time ago they did????

Registration sent!
Premier Package thank you very much.

Mudrak's Lock and Roll run :hillbilly:

Raffle swag in the works...

Registration sent!
Premier Package thank you very much.

Mudrak's Lock and Roll run :hillbilly:

Raffle swag in the works...

Jimbo! You're not going in on Monday with Ken and those guys? You gonna be in your 60, 80 or 40!?!? Must be rough with so many options!!!

I'll be on the Andy Pollocks 'wagon run' in my new 80... Can't wait, hope to see you there...

Jeff

Jeff, I can't wait to see your 80. You'll have a blast wheeling with Andy, et al, on the Wagon Run - not to mention eating really well.

I'll likely go in Sunday or Monday from Tahoe and try to run the whole trail back and forth before settling in at the springs.

Really looking forward to it, it's going to be an awesome event!:bounce2:

sweet cant wait to meet up again jim, i think i will where the shirt u sent me too. thanks for that

Rubithon

I have been trying to get in touch with Tony. Had some questions about Rubithon this year. Have some questions and a few offerings. Don't know who all the contacts are so Tony send me and email or something. Ed Woods

I dream every day of the Marauder Bar ... it will be a grand event. I will be at Uncle Tom's by Thursday morning. Are zee Germans coming again this year?

Tony in Moab. pm petescoffee on here , he is up to date on most of it.

I have been trying to get in touch with Tony. Had some questions about Rubithon this year. Have some questions and a few offerings. Don't know who all the contacts are so Tony send me and email or something. Ed Woods

You can pm me if you have questions. If I don't know the answer, Tony will be back next week.
Dave

Rubithin 2008

Well the questions I had for Tony are multiple. First was to figure out how I register for Rubithon this year. I won one of his free registrations while at one of the other events last year. So Just trying to figure out how to register with him because I usually order extra t-shirts and things like that.
Second I was going to bring a raffle prize. Had thought a hi-lift would be easy for me I know a Napa Auto Parts Store who will let me buy it at cost. So if there was maybe a different item that might be better I can talk to the owner and see what I can do.
And third I am a Paramedic who normally goes in solo with my family but can bring along some work toys in case there is any one in need. Probably will still do the solo thing but I am on the trail on Wednesday and Thursday getting to camp Thursday evening so by CB or something I could still prove useful if someone needs help.

Ed

Well the questions I had for Tony are multiple. First was to figure out how I register for Rubithon this year. I won one of his free registrations while at one of the other events last year. So Just trying to figure out how to register with him because I usually order extra t-shirts and things like that.
Second I was going to bring a raffle prize. Had thought a hi-lift would be easy for me I know a Napa Auto Parts Store who will let me buy it at cost. So if there was maybe a different item that might be better I can talk to the owner and see what I can do.
And third I am a Paramedic who normally goes in solo with my family but can bring along some work toys in case there is any one in need. Probably will still do the solo thing but I am on the trail on Wednesday and Thursday getting to camp Thursday evening so by CB or something I could still prove useful if someone needs help.

Ed

I also got a free ride from the 45 run last year I just mailed it in with extra cash to cover above what was covered and it was no problem I did the premier package mailed in the slip i got and a hundred bucks and am covered, cant say anything about the raffle but who could say no to a new high lift :bounce: see ya there

Ed

Ed-
I'll do my best and let Tony clean up my mess.
- Mail in your application with the free regsistration that you won at the other event.
-Include the sizes and the money for the extra T-shirts and meals that you need. You can fill this out on the current application.
-Raffle Prize- That 's me. A high lift would be a great prize. Thanks!! Bring it to the registration booth when you get to the springs.
-Paramedic- Fantastic. Bring your bag. Let Tony know on your application you are a Paramedic and when you plan to be on trail. Let people you see on the trail know you are a parmedic and keep your CB on. There will be other First responders on the trail the more the better and it helps to know who and where they are.

Dave Thomas
Raffle Co Chairman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom