Zig-Zag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was cruising the Eenter-Web last night and came across this:

Zig-Zag

They say they can make it in custom lengths to fit different applications, and I must admit it's kinda intriguing. Only thing I can see being a problem is if you lose some carrying capacity and flex in your springs when they're locked down.

Anyone used something like this? Seen someone else using it?

Same snake oil fix that folding shackles and revolvers and the others all use...

I am WAY too lazy to lock it down...and when you do steep downhills, it WILL open up

However, if all you do is boulder crawling, it may work....but still, not my choice for spending money...

Better in some ways than folding shackles and worse in some ways.

A good buddy of mine had a hand in designing it.

Personaly, I would not do it tho.. they have the potential to get hung up on rocks bad..

Lack of spring down pressure, only getting the weight of the diff and tire, and only part of that.

Scottb said:
Lack of spring down pressure, only getting the weight of the diff and tire, and only part of that.
Honestly I wonder how much of a concern this is.

My 14 bolt pulls the rear springs tht I have down a bunch. In fact, it stretches the springs quite a bit.

does that mean that I am not going to get traction when the axle droops a lot?

lol

at any time you have unequal weight side to side on a solid axle, you have unequal traction per side.

anytime you extend beyond leafs free droop, the spring holds axle weight away from traction. same with coils.

i have a version of that design that is a bit more invovled, its on paper, and it figured i would build it eventually. lol like 5 yrs ago i said that same thing (above), maybe in another 5 yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom