Warm spring Canadian refugees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sailor

Jackass of all trades
Threads
That was a great trip- Lance and I just got back to Vancouver in time to watch The Speed Skating gold medal! Just wanted to thank you guys for the 'local knowledge', funny to see so many 'Cruisers there. We got down as far as Calico, near Yermo after a stop at the Mad Greek. Went up Odessa Canyon and down Bismarck there, great run. The rigs are both 1991 HDJ81's we brought from Japan, 1HDT turbo diesels with A442f automatics. Lance is running a 6 " Dakar lift and 37 inch TSLs while I have 33" Mall terrain TAs on a 3.5 inch F.O.R. variable rate spring lift. Lance had trouble with tire rub and lost a flare and flap while on steel pass. Strangely, my lower truck had better traction and climbed better at Calico- who knew? The trucks come stock with FF Disc rear axle, Diff locks, dual batteries,heavy duty cooling, icemaker/fridge, no roof racks, rear tire carrier etc. Over 3500 miles and no issues, but a lot of puzzled looks and comments like- "Is that a mail truck?" We returned to the springs on our way north and the place was deserted, the wind blew the rocks off the 'inukshuk' thing. Thanks again and hit us up if you're in our area!
Graham
block 2 242.jpg

Lance and Grahm, it was very nice meeting you guys and glad the rest of your trip went well. Calico is a neat place, our club members go there a lot. Very nice job BC did with the olympics, you must feel proud for all the gold. Viva LaCanada.:clap:

Thanks for that! That was one hell of a hockey game too. I think the entire country was about to commit suicide when you guys tied it up (lol) USA had one heck of a haul as well- A new record? Awesome! I went out on my balcony when the final goal went in and ther was a huge roar and honking etc. I think the whole country stopped for the entire overtime- What an experience!

The one weekend I don't go to the springs and two diesel 80's are there... Just my luck. Let us know if you guys venture down our way again.
-Randy

That was a great trip- Lance and I just got back to Vancouver in time to watch The Speed Skating gold medal! Just wanted to thank you guys for the 'local knowledge', funny to see so many 'Cruisers there. We got down as far as Calico, near Yermo after a stop at the Mad Greek. Went up Odessa Canyon and down Bismarck there, great run. The rigs are both 1991 HDJ81's we brought from Japan, 1HDT turbo diesels with A442f automatics. Lance is running a 6 " Dakar lift and 37 inch TSLs while I have 33" Mall terrain TAs on a 3.5 inch F.O.R. variable rate spring lift. Lance had trouble with tire rub and lost a flare and flap while on steel pass. Strangely, my lower truck had better traction and climbed better at Calico- who knew? The trucks come stock with FF Disc rear axle, Diff locks, dual batteries,heavy duty cooling, icemaker/fridge, no roof racks, rear tire carrier etc. Over 3500 miles and no issues, but a lot of puzzled looks and comments like- "Is that a mail truck?" We returned to the springs on our way north and the place was deserted, the wind blew the rocks off the 'inukshuk' thing. Thanks again and hit us up if you're in our area!
Graham

Graham, I'd love to hear your comments about the FOR suspension on your truck. did you have any experience comparing it to the OME lifts? Why did you choose the FOR over others?

offroad and onroad comments?

thanks

Dana

Oh yeah- I had an OME competition coil 5 inch before with adjustable ranchos. The ride was too hard and it didn't flex very well because all of the suspension geometry was out of whack. This thing rides like a caddy on the highway - very soft- and off road it did better than Lance's truck with the 6" and 37s in Calico. You will need sliders because it is only a 3.5 inch though. My truck is heavier than an Fj/FZJ 80, especially on the front so frankie is sending me some higher rate front shocks and maybe springs to sort out some damping issues. The most important thing is that Frankie is such a class guy to deal with. Truly awesome guy. Any issues I've had stem from the differences in weights and balance of my Right hand drive diesel, prolly the first one with this kit. Very satisfied. BTW We posted a trip report over at the Coastal Cruisers section.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-bc-coastal-cruisers/361763-southern-expidition-update.html?nojs=1#links

(We didn't post the shots of you guys- protecting the innocent!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom