Shop recommendation near Fort Lee? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A friend of mine from here, Phoenix area, is going to school in Manhattan and has a 97 4Runner with a 3.4L V6 and auto trans. It crapped out on him while driving with no warning other than a slightly higher engine temp gauge reading. It was towed to a shop in Fort Lee where they have diagnosed a blown head gasket but want to charge him $3500 to replace both head gaskets! He wants to keep driving the vehicle but there has to be a reputable shop in the area who would do a quality head gasket replacement for less than that?

I understand the heads would need to be checked for damage, but other than a good scuffing, and the requisite timing belt, tensioner pulley, water pump, belts and hoses replacement, it should be a straightforward job. This shop wants to price in a complete rebuild of the heads and engine and I think they are just out to get as much money as they can from a student.

So if anyone knows of a good shop in the area or maybe a member that works out of their house that would be interested in tackling this job for some extra money, please PM me for his contact info. Thanks alot and greetings from Copper State Cruisers here in Arizona! - Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom