School me on 50cc ATVs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been considering one of these for my 6 year old. Got it pretty much narrowed down to the Suzuki KLX50 or the Polaris Predator 50, but as I scan the local classifieds (not looking for a new one), I see a lot more of the Suzuki ones. Anyone have one of these and care share feedback, opinions? What about the Polaris? Any preferences? No need to warn me about the dozens of different Chinese-sourced models, I'm not falling for that one. Looking for name brand (Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris or CanAm) in good condition.

Thanks in advance!

Henry

I'd say that you couldn't go wrong with a suzuki, but 50cc for a quad might get outgrown pretty quickly if he's already 6 :hmm:
are they two strokes or four?

we opted for two wheels rather than four, picked up a PW50 and they had a great time with it last summer (they were 5 and 6), but a bigger bike will probably be required for the eldest this season :doh:

:cheers:

Kids on quads scare me. I've decided to go motorcycle.

yep, with proper supervision, either is probably fine, but I'm a lot more comfortable with the kids being on two wheels.
Flipping a quad can seriously injure a child, wheras dropping a bike can burn their leg if they aren't properly equipped.

either way, make sure that the item you choose has a throttle stop (older bikes and quads often don't) younger kids just don't get the variable speed thing for a while, I think that we went on four or five rides before he really got that you don't have to twist it all the way!
IMG00268.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom