Question for the Transmission Experts - Valve Body Gaskets Arrived folded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a feeling that I already know the answer here, but looking for some input.

I ordered valve body gaskets for my Transgo install I was planning this weekend and whatever knuckle dragging numbscull nitwit packed them folded them and stuffed them into a padded envelope. There is a crease visible on both of them.

The question: Is it stupid to even attempt to use these? Can the old ones be reused or is that asking for trouble?
IMG_3536.jpeg
IMG_3535.jpeg

I have a feeling that I already know the answer here, but looking for some input.

I ordered valve body gaskets for my Transgo install I was planning this weekend and whatever knuckle dragging numbscull nitwit packed them folded them and stuffed them into a padded envelope. There is a crease visible on both of them.

The question: Is it stupid to even attempt to use these? Can the old ones be reused or is that asking for trouble?
View attachment 3554118View attachment 3554119
I definitely wouldn't use those. I'm 90% sure I reused the gaskets on my Tundra (A340F) and it has been good for around 80,000.

I definitely wouldn't use those. I'm 90% sure I reused the gaskets on my Tundra (A340F) and it has been good for around 80,000.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking. I’m going to go ahead and open it up this weekend and decide whether I want to wait for the new gaskets to get here or reuse the old ones.

I had this happen repeatedly with Differential (carrier) gaskets,
someone at the warehouse would fold the gasket neatly in half, or even quarters once, so they would fit into a (too f--ing) small bag. Eventually got one in a large enough bag so they didn't fold it.

I would get a replacement, no need for you to suffer due a poorly trained/supervised employee's mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom