pernil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this thread deserves a bump.

i tried to buy a picnic shoulder earlier this week to do pernil for the superbowl.... they only had butts. So, Im smoking a butt on Saturday instead.

It's hard to find a shoulder up here, too. I have to go to a neighboring ghetto store for shoulders and greens.

It's hard to find a shoulder up here, too. I have to go to a neighboring ghetto store for shoulders and greens.

all of jackson is a ghetto... and im thinking the loud people bought all the shoulders for the superbowl.

the plus of the whole situation is that White death 2011 has given me a snow day and I'm smoking the butt today.

all of jackson is a ghetto... and im thinking the loud people bought all the shoulders for the superbowl.

the plus of the whole situation is that White death 2011 has given me a snow day and I'm smoking the butt today.

You live in Jackson?

Why?

because I have the best job in my field in the southeast US... and the position is in Jackson. given my choice, I'd either be on the coast or on a massive piece of property somewhere out in the country.

Strong answer.

If you're so fxxxing rich, why don't you fly in every morning from the coast? Get to the choppah!

Strong answer.

If you're so fxxxing rich, why don't you fly in every morning from the coast? Get to the choppah!

:lol:
I changed it because it did come across a little BOUNDERish...

"Best" and "highly paid" are not necessarily mutually inclusive terms. I do OK for MS, I love my job, work for a great company, and have a good deal of upside... and that was all I was saying. That being said, I know plenty of people that make more than I do and hate their job... It's hard to put a price on happiness.

:lol:
I changed it because it did come across a little BOUNDERish...

"Best" and "highly paid" are not necessarily mutually inclusive terms. I do OK for MS, I love my job, work for a great company, and have a good deal of upside... and that was all I was saying. That being said, I know plenty of people that make more than I do and hate their job... It's hard to put a price on happiness.

Whatever. I thought it was awesome. The only way to deal with a frontal assault from somebody is to respond with a beatdown. Mission accomplished.

Whatever. I thought it was awesome. The only way to deal with a frontal assault from somebody is to respond with a beatdown. Mission accomplished.

I grew up saying I'd never live in Jackson, but I actually like it a lot. The cost of living here is much lower than Memphis, Bham, New Orleans or the Coast. I literally live 2 minutes from my office and we are right in the middle of my wife's family in Memphis and mine on the Coast.

I grew up saying I'd never live in Jackson, but I actually like it a lot. The cost of living here is much lower than Memphis, Bham, New Orleans or the Coast. I literally live 2 minutes from my office and we are right in the middle of my wife's family in Memphis and mine on the Coast.

That's cool. Actually, Jackson isn't so bad. I bet it's a nice place to live.

I've been wanting to make this ever since this thread started. I finally made it for Christmas but I couldn't find any picnic cut so I just bought the 2 pack pork shoulder from Costco. It was fantastic! I can only imagine it will be even better if I found the picnic cut to make the pork rinds. I think I more than doubled the garlic and it was not overpowering. I can't wait to make this 2nd shoulder just so I can go out and buy a picnic cut to get the cracklins.....Found that my Cash & Carry sells the picnic cut.

Salue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom