Old school Vintage Air help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have a 1981 FJ43. I’m return to Florida in a few months and will be importing my truck. Currently I have a vintage air system (A/C unit) in my truck and all the parts are there. I want to get it running before returning to the Florida heat. Right now the system is non operational. When I bought the truck the blower was running, but the A/C would not engage or blow cool air. Now that I’ve finished the body work etc, I’d like to tackle this project. Where do I start? Thanks.

BB88AC95-D44D-45E7-808A-7AC78B5B978C.jpeg

A9805FD3-F79B-4624-A36A-3D2014572D94.jpeg

C96AEF9F-1244-4D2D-9866-44592F0965C4.jpeg

the first 2 pics are OEM A/C
originally set up for R12, I like R12 versus R134A
A vacumn needs to be pulled and checked for leaks, we will also charge with nitrogen for a leak test
when the system is charged, there is a low pressure switch if the charge is too low and a high pressure switch if there is blockage and the charge gets too high
is there anyone you trust that can do the work?

the first 2 pics are OEM A/C
originally set up for R12, I like R12 versus R134A
A vacumn needs to be pulled and checked for leaks, we will also charge with nitrogen for a leak test
when the system is charged, there is a low pressure switch if the charge is too low and a high pressure switch if there is blockage and the charge gets too high
is there anyone you trust that can do the work?
Thanks, this certainly gives me a head start on what to look for and know to ask. I just posted in the Bogota FJ 40-43-45 forum to see if there are any mechanics here in town. Much appreciated your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom