Need help with wheel and tire combo - 07 GX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I have a 2007 GX 470 with the stock suspension. Without spacers etc, I would like to replace the wheels to the TRD style, but want to make sure I do not have any rubbing/clearance issues. I want to go to a more aggressive tire, that is not too loud on the freeway, but can handle trails and snow. Looking for suggestions on:

Correct wheel spec, width, offset etc
Tire recommendations - appropriate size for a non modified GX, popular options seems to be BFG?

Thanks for the help.

Legit Toyota TRD wheels (not the generic knockoffs) with a 265/70R17 tire should fit without significant rubbing. If you do have some rubbing, it will be on the plastic fender liner and it can be fixed by heating the liners with a heat gun and bending them.

There are lots of options on tires. I'd personally suggest a SL/P weight rating tire. I've had great luck with the Falken Wildpeaks AT3W for similar driving conditions as you mentioned. Zero road performance loss over the highway tires my GX had on it when I bought it and good performance off-road and in rain and snow. Falken very recently released a revised version (AT4W) and BF Goodrich is in the process of releasing a KO3. The new KO3 it's only available in a few sizes and weight ratings at this time.

OEM TRD Pro wheels are 17x7 with +4 offset and these go great with 255/75R17 tires.

Try Toyo Open Country AT3, or Nitto Recon Grappler, or Falken Wildpeaks AT4W

Running a 0 offset method with 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks. Had to cut my sidesteps just a little bit with a Dremel and heat and bend the front splash shields like was mentioned above.

Really like the Wildpeaks. About 30kish miles on them. Still pretty quiet and perform well. They were basically silent when new and now they're just finally getting some noise on certain surfaces. Will probably buy them again or go for the new AT4s.

Hi All, I have a 2007 GX 470 with the stock suspension. Without spacers etc, I would like to replace the wheels to the TRD style, but want to make sure I do not have any rubbing/clearance issues. I want to go to a more aggressive tire, that is not too loud on the freeway, but can handle trails and snow. Looking for suggestions on:

Correct wheel spec, width, offset etc
Tire recommendations - appropriate size for a non modified GX, popular options seems to be BFG?

Thanks for the help.

Any 265/70R17 is going to fit like a champ. I will say this about any legit all-terrain type tire. Most moderately aggressive all terrain tires are going to end up getting noisy 1/2 way through their lifespan. The stock GX470 is a very quiet truck when everything is operating smoothly, and a slightly humming all-terrain tire upsets that luxury ride you may be used to.....happened to me. I am kinda used to it now, but when the tires started getting noisy it was a bummer.

The biggest you can go without modifying is 265/70R17. If you won't be doing a lot of off-roading check out the Falken Rubitrek's. Aggressive look but better on-road and much less noise than KO2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom