M1101 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well this thing has made it's way back around to me via a buddy. It's a Schutt M1101 trailer like all of the tan/green carc painted ones you see from gov liquidation auctions. This one was never put into service, it was bought as a contract overrun new from the factory and the general use contractor style topper was built for it by a now defunct upfitter. Short of the twin 20# propane bottles on the front and the rear hitch receiver, it's exactly how it was purchased a few years back. Right now it sits on the military standard 37's with double bead-lock wheels and the noisy pintle-lunette setup.

Here are my plans for the build:

• Ditch the 5" drop straight axle in favor of a Timbren Axle-less suspension
  • Abandon the hydraulic surge brakes for full electric
  • Change the pintle-lunette setup for a Lock-N-Roll hitch
  • Add a screened sliding window on the drivers side where the front tilt-up door is
  • Build aluminum shelves the depth of the inner wheel well on the passenger side to allow for storage inside the flip-up doors on that side (kitchen/fridge)
  • Enclosed trailer style roof rack for use with kayaks and possibly a RTT should it ever be needed
  • 270 degree awning on the passenger side to cover the passenger side flip-ups while using the kitchen and it'll cover the rear doors for the entrance into the trailer
  • Straight out awning on the drivers side, when combined with the 270 it'll be covered on three full sides
  • Water tank beneath the trailer, likely in the 20-30 gallon range, plumbed with a pump for use as a wash down and for the shower
  • Shower awning/enclosure on the front passenger side
  • The interior will be insulated for sound and thermal and siliconed at all junctures, holes, gaps etc. to limit dirt/dust intrusion and then finished out in some way
  • Lights and a two-way fan installed inside, I plan to skip a dedicated battery system and have everything run to my Bluetti portable power station

I hope to get started on this soon and work on it in stages in my free time in hopes of having this completed by years end.

xJbvEzv.jpg

JIodDlk.jpg

Gp4NFup.jpg

@Tex68w did you make any progress on this last year? I've got an m1102 sitting in the garage that I'm planning to make my 2024 project.

@Tex68w did you make any progress on this last year? I've got an m1102 sitting in the garage that I'm planning to make my 2024 project.

A buddy took it off of my hands and then subsequently sold it. I sold the 200 as well and I am now in process of getting a FWC for part time use in my F250 Tremor that replaced the 200. We still have the GX460 and will likely grab the new GX550 Overtrail in year two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom