Looking for 1983 IVAN IRONMAN STEWART Pickup Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for 1983 IVAN IRONMAN STEWART Pickup Pictures like the Trucks seen Below! The 1984 Pickup is what most of us all remember and are easy pics to find. But looking for that first year pics.
Reason for this is I found a CHEAP 79-83 whit Hood! So I was wanting to paint it up like Ivan Stewarts Truck and then hang it in my Above Garage AirBNB that I am working on.
1701196010515.png

There's a thread on either Yotatech or Marlin Crawler forums of a restoration of Ivan Stuart's truck. I think it's on Marlin Crawler. They OP ended up finding a lot of the race teams extra parts and it was a really interesting thread. Lots of old pics and of the restoration process. Sorry, I don't have a link so you're going to have to search.

Same truck, Rory Ward. He's been around desert racing for a good while. If there was someone qualified to restore that truck from the racing perspective he would be it.

Thanks Aztoyman! I have never seen that build... seen a few others with that truck but this tread is a lot more info than the others.

Unfortunatly So Far I have not found any 1983 pics... I wonder if the cab was removed to install the 1984 cab. Either way just looking for a better picture of that 1983 Toyota...

On another side note that many don't know. Ken Miles, the guy with the controversial LeMans loss in the GT40... Well His son ended up working for PPI and was Ivan Ironman Stewarts Crew Chief in 1991. Something I learned after rewatching Ford VR Ferrari the other day that I figured some of y'all would enjoy.

Maybe you already have it, this pic was posted in the RDC thread in post #343:
1704326850092.png

Everything that I've seen of the Xcab bodied truck says that it was built from the ground up and was not last year's truck with a new body.

DOH!
Any reason to think that they didn't paint them the same as the '84 hood?

84_hood_2.jpg
84_hood.jpg
84_hood_3.jpg

ntsqd

If you look at the Hoods on the 83 you will see something that almost looks like a helmet/viser but they both have it making me think there was some type of weird hood scope.... Because of that I was wondering if it was painted diffrently... May end up just painting it like the 1984 but just want to know before I make that commitment.

You could PM Rory about it. In researching his truck he may have come across something relative to your plans. Worst case, there appears to be only a couple people who would know that you got it wrong. As a guess that would be Ivan Stewart, Cal Wells, and Rory's ex PPI contact Tom Morris.

There's a local pizza restaurant that has a few old school arcade video games and one of them is the 80's Toyota (Ivan Stuart?) desert truck. Gets my attention every time I'm in there.

Stumbled onto this better pic of 001's hood, might give a hint about how the earlier hoods were painted:
Ivan_A.jpg

Looks like there's a visor at the top of the windshield opening and definitely some sort of cowling across the bottom of that opening, but curiously it looks like the air filter is just poked thru the hood and fully exposed:
48100690483_474b9e0c1d.jpg

Holly Crap NTSQD! Thats Exactly what I wanted! Look like the decal is like the bottom pic but with Toyota put on the front of the hood!!!! HECK YA!

You're welcome.

Total Chaos are good people, had we known that they owned that truck I'm sure that a pic would've been no problem.

It looks pretty close to the 001 hood way above. Really only differs by the width of each color band.

You're welcome.

Total Chaos are good people, had we known that they owned that truck I'm sure that a pic would've been no problem.

It looks pretty close to the 001 hood way above. Really only differs by the width of each color band.
Yeah looks like they were following the body lines! which makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom