**location change** CSC November meeting Sat. 11-21-15 show n' shine @ CBT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
►►►►SEE POST #'s 47-49 For directions and details ◄◄◄◄

>> for November only * location change for the CSC meet <<
(no shine required ☺) FOOD, RAFFLE ☼

After discussing with LCP, the Nov CSC meeting will be moved from Friday evening at Sonic to CBT the following day, Saturday Nov 21st. from 11am to ? Location is 1550 E. Camelback Road.

Includes parking our Land Cruisers along the front corner of the lot at Camelback Rd/16th street for visibility. Kind of like a Land Cruiser Expo. Also CBT will be setting up a tent or two and cooking up lunch right there next to the CSC trucks.

This would also be open to people coming in to check out the “classic Toyotas” and helping themselves to the plentiful food...

* Of course the idea is CBT would like to cover a couple bases here:

1) To show appreciation for the business the club brings to our dealership by having a staffed lunch station gilling up burgers and dogs, chips, and sodas. We will also have some small handouts/raffle gifts.
2) Showcase the “Classic Toyotas” and how they are cool (!), the Toyota heritage, the quality and longevity of the product.
3) Obviously the idea is also that the LC’s would create some interest and bring in a few customers that might wander in to the show room to ask about a new vehicle.

You are encouraged to bring any and all gear if you want: camp trailers, open up your roof top tent, or awning, etc. Bring it on! Bring your appetite and good spirit~

Last edited:
This may be a good trip for my 40:bounce2:

Sounds fun. So can I bring all 4 cruisers? If the 2004 is still for sale can I throw a for sale sign in it? :) my sales comment is meant in jest of course!

Last edited:
Great idea and thanks Murf for all that you do for us !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, like our own Pavillions meet. We can stop in to parts and order our latest base lining provisions. I could use some FIPG, wiper blades, oil filter.....

Sounds great. I'll be there with the 4Runner.

:bang: Why couldn't you have announced this last week? I was up north with my car hauler dropping off my 79 FJ40. I could have easily drove my 70 FJ40 on which is licensed and insured to be on the road. Still tempted to go pick it up.

Sounds great. I'll be there with the 4Runner.
reminder: without being directly said, any frame on Toyota 4x4 is welcome of course. Looking forward to the 4Runner Marc!
:bang: Why couldn't you have announced this last week? I was up north with my car hauler dropping off my 79 FJ40. I could have easily drove my 70 FJ40 on which is licensed and insured to be on the road. Still tempted to go pick it up.
Id like to see your FJ45 myself....☺

reminder: without being directly said, any frame on Toyota 4x4 is welcome of course. Looking forward to the 4Runner Marc!

Id like to see your FJ45 myself....☺

I could bring my Sequoia or the 3rd generation and 4th generation 4Runners as those are already in town.:hmm: The 45 would need a few things done to get it on the road like reinstall the tail lights. Plus register and insure it. I have a couple of four speed with split transfers loaded in the back along with other things store in the bed. Then there is the axles from the 84 HJ47 I have stored underneath. Just to much work for this old man when I'm never there.:bang: Next year I hope to be there almost all the time. Then your more then welcome to take a personal tour. I would say of my museum but for a museum I don't think you have to crawl over things to look at them.:rolleyes:

Cracks my ass up with all your wrong vehicle in wrong place rants. You need to get your s*** together in one location or the other. Or better yet, don't. I really do get a kick out of -the Sequoia is up north and I need the 40 down here but the 4runner is here and now the the trailer is up north and I can't get the 45 down here because the tow vehicle, trailer and 45 never end up in the same place....
:worms::flipoff2::moon::grinpimp:

[QUOTE="Funner, post: 9998795, member: 66286 Crack s my ass up with all your wrong vehicle in wrong place rants. You need to get your s*** together in one location or the other. Or better yet, don't. I really do get a kick out of -the Sequoia is up north and I need the 40 down here but the 4runner is here and now the the trailer is up north and I can't get the 45 down here because the tow vehicle, trailer and 45 never end up in the same place....
:worms::flipoff2::moon::grinpimp:[/QUOTE]
That is too funny. Another guy here that has problems I wish I had....lol

Cracks my ass up with all your wrong vehicle in wrong place rants. You need to get your s*** together in one location or the other. Or better yet, don't. I really do get a kick out of -the Sequoia is up north and I need the 40 down here but the 4runner is here and now the the trailer is up north and I can't get the 45 down here because the tow vehicle, trailer and 45 never end up in the same place....
:worms::flipoff2::moon::grinpimp:

That is too funny. Another guy here that has problems I wish I had....lol

You both should be ashamed of yourselves picking on a senior citizen. :bang::crybaby::rolleyes:

:cheers:

And he's eyeballin' the BJ43 on CL :rolleyes:

This is a really cool event, Murf.

What would be visually interesting would be to get a roll call before the event and then stage the LandCruisers in sequential order based on year or body. I'd personally get a kick out of seeing a lineup like that.

To be fair I did say sell one as not increase the number. No garage space.:rolleyes:
Not having enough garage space for all my land cuisers is yet another problem I would like to have....

both Louisiana LC clubs have been doing these dealer lot stagings on Saturdays for various dealerships in Louisiana over the past several years - always very good reception by the public - customers checking out the vehicles, dealership employees, too - added feature: unlimited BSing by the Lc owners all day :hillbilly:

I had my RX-7 in the Grand Opening for Avondale Mazda out in Levine years back. They gave our rotary vehicle club a prominent position in the service bay and people coming through asked questions about the cars. I'd post a picture here, but don't want to break any rules (non-Toyota 4WD content). I'm looking forward to this event at Camelback,

Id like to see a pic of your RX

The last time I checked, Lexus is under the Toyota Motor Sales umbrella - so YES!

hopefully we can also see Rudsters "Lexus" expo trailer ☺

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom