Import 105 Series to USA? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The HZJ105 is really very rare in the Middle East. Moreover most of the ones I've seen have been later years. I ended up acquiring a 2003 and a 2007 because I really wanted them even though I can't import them to the US for several years. I can not say definitively that there are no 1998 or 1999 HZJ105 but I certainly never seen any in the Middle East. My solution is to bring them to Canada and then use it as an excuse to spend some time exploring Canada and Alaska.

Wow that's legit! Jealous, I'd love to get an '07. How are the prices - are there any centralized craigslist type websites where people list their cars for sale?

What about importing from Mongolia ? They’re also LHD and seems to have a large inventory of 105s
I've seen a few 80s a guy brought in locally from Mongolia and they were funny. Pretty beat, rusty and had some weird custom carpet. Obviously can't judge an entire country's inventory of vehicles off a couple old HDJ80s though... They got craigslist over there or what? haha. I haven't even started looking in Asia.

Wow that's legit! Jealous, I'd love to get an '07. How are the prices - are there any centralized craigslist type websites where people list their cars for sale?
There are enough people looking that prices are not cheap. Both of mine were well used government vehicles,. each with issues, and I paid close to 20K USD each. And then the work started. It pains me to think about it but Missus White probably had 35-40K USD work needed. Then another 6K in transport costs. But I just had to have a diesel 105 as a 'last hurrah'.

I've seen a few 80s a guy brought in locally from Mongolia and they were funny. Pretty beat, rusty and had some weird custom carpet. Obviously can't judge an entire country's inventory of vehicles off a couple old HDJ80s though... They got craigslist over there or what? haha. I haven't even started looking in Asia.
Now you’re scaring me

There are enough people looking that prices are not cheap. Both of mine were well used government vehicles,. each with issues, and I paid close to 20K USD each. And then the work started. It pains me to think about it but Missus White probably had 35-40K USD work needed. Then another 6K in transport costs. But I just had to have a diesel 105 as a 'last hurrah'.
There’s really no easy way to import vehicles, especially without knowing condition or test driving before hand … doesn’t seem practical for someone on a budget to truly utilize as a Daily driver without dumping large amounts of $$

There’s really no easy way to import vehicles, especially without knowing condition or test driving before hand … doesn’t seem practical for someone on a budget to truly utilize as a Daily driver without dumping large amounts of $$
There's something to be said for using an importer, or importing from a place where you'd like to take a vacation to and do a little car shopping as well. The Japanese auction system can work well for buying sight unseen but that's a whole can of worms too.

Are you bragging or advertising? :flipoff2:
@hoser .... adverbragging ? lol. @ikarus
1998 1HZ, non- turbo. manual transmission.
UAE Ministry of Interior retired.
documented miles of 75,823
white exterior grey cloth interior.
LHD
no third row ( possible to add)
very clean inside and out with signs of use in the third row area.
expected stateside top of 2024 on the east coast.

PHOTO-2023-11-22-05-00-59.jpg

@hoser .... adverbragging ? lol. @ikarus
1998 1HZ, non- turbo. manual transmission.
UAE Ministry of Interior retired.
documented miles of 75,823
white exterior grey cloth interior.
LHD
no third row ( possible to add)
very clean inside and out with signs of use in the third row area.
expected stateside top of 2024 on the east coast.

View attachment 3496275
One day. I think I need one in my life.

I have come across a handful in Latin America including some UN spec Gibraltar prepared ones. Poverty pack HZJ105s with all the factory goodies like snorkel, lockers, steel wheels, roof rack, vinyl interior, manual windows and doors, barn doors, Gibraltar installed roll cage. Mid 2000’s and available for $12-20k but not importable so 🤷🏼‍♂️

A 105 for me in LHD is in the top five of most “wanted” Cruisers. Probably a FZJ105 with the coil pack 1FZ. That or a clean cheap one for me to do a swap in!

Cheers

Search by VIN or Frame #: VIN entering help

Market
General
Year
05/1998
Make
TOYOTA
Model
LAND CRUISER
Frame
HZJ105

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE:GX:GX TYPE
DESTINATION:GEN:GENERAL COUNTRIES
DRIVER'S POSITION:LHD:LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE:1HZ:4200CC DIESEL
FUEL SYSTEM:DSL2:DIESEL 2 VALVE
TRANSMISSION:MTM:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE:5F:MTM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
BACK DOOR:SOB:SWING OUT BACK DOOR
COLOR CODE:6Q7
TRIM CODE:FK10

Search Results
VIN*Model codeFromToFrame Characteristics
JTECB09J..HZJ105L-GCMNS01/1998 -07/2002HZJ105GXGENLHD1HZDSL2MTM5FSOB
Click here to continue

Interesting. I can't say that I agree with the esthetic choices but this is the VIN. The above is from toyodiy

The wrap is downright atrocious in my opinion but to each their own.
I will be interested to see where this goes. I am not really in the market but always kinda in the market and I figured someone on here may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom