I bought a Rocket3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What an amazing machine. It rides like a cruiser and goes like a drag bike,Ive been smiling for days.:grinpimp:
Im not a big lover of chrome,Ill be dechroming most of it and putting the original black panels on soon.
Its an august 08 model and has 5 months dealer warranty.
It also fully optioned with a Jardines 3 into 2 exhaust
rocket3 001 (Medium).jpg

:clap: I <3 Triumphs

That is gorgeous....but the dog looks like he want me to back the hell up.

That is gorgeous....but the dog looks like he want me to back the hell up.

The dog come over to the bike to see me and I walked away to take the pic. Thats her rejected hurt feeling look:D
Thanks for the bike love;)

shiny! congrats!

that's one big cooler up front there...

Is it a RHS drive? :)

RHS? Is that RH Drive? Of course;)

Took it for a 350klm ride on Sunday down the highways in the SWest. Had a smile on my face all the way,except when I went too fast and scared the s*** out of myself:confused:

That's so SWEET! Triumph Days is coming to my town in May, and I hope to ride one then!

Gumby would get major wood over that motor:D

I took it for a 500klm blast up the highway yesterday. Fantastic for overtaking roadtrains:D

It also gets excellant fuel economy,about 6.6L/100klms or 42 mpg in imp galls or 37 mpg US galls. Not bad considering bikes with 2/3rds the dispcement are getting the same.
It gives the bike a 360 klm range with a 23.8 litre tank

That is sweeeet. I'm with you on losing the chrome, though.

Rocket 3's are beautiful machines.

RH, what's this "Triumph Days" of which you speak?

I like it more I ride it. Got up yesterday with a big list of things to do but ti was a nice day for the end of summer so I went for a 200klm solo ride:D
Ive lost the windscreen as well,too low for 6.2 riders aS the wind comes over the top hits your helmet causing blurred vision.
Also makes it look like a cop bike.

Sumpthin organised by the importer to test ride their machines. I think they have the full line up available unlike the dealer.
It travels to cities and towns across the country

Ive found the local dealers really good with test rides.
When I told them I only had a restricted lic for 250cc ,they said no problem ,we ll shadow you (like an instructor)
Amazing for a Triumph Touring in mint condition,most dealers would run for the hills.

Took some more pics with the windscreen off and dechroming started
001 (Medium).jpg
003 (Medium).jpg
002 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Huge brakes,twin 320mm discs with 4 piston calipers(I think) that really work well,although when you stop feeding gas into that engine ,it also slows you down real quick;)
006 (Medium).jpg
005 (Medium).jpg
004 (Medium).jpg

Separated at birth?

352956454_dee2b74485_b.jpg

Factory demo rides all day, all models. May 22. Savage Cycles out by Wallet Drain Harley Davidson in Langford. I'm taking the day off from whatever is happening to be there!

Factory demo rides all day, all models. May 22. Savage Cycles out by Wallet Drain Harley Davidson in Langford. I'm taking the day off from whatever is happening to be there!

Cool, I'll see you there, even though I kind of hate that dealership. They can't/won't get parts for pre-'90 models. Not even easy stuff like oil filters.

Cool, I'll see you there, even though I kind of hate that dealership. They can't/won't get parts for pre-'90 models. Not even easy stuff like oil filters.

Alex is a good guy, but he does like to limit his services to what he is currently selling. He does not have very broad horizons, but I think I would actually be happy buying a machine from him. Their mechanic/part owner used to be a piece of work... grumpier than BIO, and gruff to deal with. I hear his manners have improved, but I don't know first hand. Better he stays away from the customers regardless!:D

Oh for fxxxs sake. Triumph Days Canada has just been canceled. Apparently, the trucks carrying the bikes are too big for Canadian highways. Sounds like a crock, but whatever. Here is a note from Alex.

Steve,

You could write to Chris.Ellis@triumphmotorcycles.com . He is the General manager Canadian Operations. He is a great guy and has been trying on the Canadian dealers' behalf to get the Demo Rides into Canada.He had it all approved and coordinated for this year, starting with us on May22. What nobody realized until recently was that both trucks,
Huge big things set up to carry 20 bikes at a time plus accessories and support, as well as all ancillary things, are too long in the wheel base to meet Canadian Regulations! One was 3 inches and the other 12 inches too long. And they wouldn't budge!So you can imagine all the work of months, hotels, schedules, staff Dealers 'and customers' expectations all shot down in flames six weeks out.
Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
Oh for ****s sake. Triumph Days Canada has just been canceled. Apparently, the trucks carrying the bikes are too big for Canadian highways. Sounds like a crock, but whatever. Here is a note from Alex.

Steve,

You could write to Chris.Ellis@triumphmotorcycles.com . He is the General manager Canadian Operations. He is a great guy and has been trying on the Canadian dealers' behalf to get the Demo Rides into Canada.He had it all approved and coordinated for this year, starting with us on May22. What nobody realized until recently was that both trucks,
Huge big things set up to carry 20 bikes at a time plus accessories and support, as well as all ancillary things, are too long in the wheel base to meet Canadian Regulations! One was 3 inches and the other 12 inches too long. And they wouldn't budge!So you can imagine all the work of months, hotels, schedules, staff Dealers 'and customers' expectations all shot down in flames six weeks out.
Cheers,
Alex

d'oh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom