Headlights and fog lights turning on when car is off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2001 LX470

Lately, my headlights (low beams) and fog lights have been turning on by themselves when the car is off. It only seems to happen during the day. Multiple times now, I have walked out to my car after work or during lunch to see that the headlights and fog lights are on. I have been checking every time I walk away from the car to make sure they are off. The stalk switch was in auto mode. I've just turned it to off, to see if it still happens.

Any ideas on the cause? I was thinking it was either the light sensor going bad, or a stuck relay. I'm not sure why the sensor would have power when the vehicle is off, however.

I would appreciate anyone who had the same problem speaking up

2001 LX470

Lately, my headlights (low beams) and fog lights have been turning on by themselves when the car is off. It only seems to happen during the day. Multiple times now, I have walked out to my car after work or during lunch to see that the headlights and fog lights are on. I have been checking every time I walk away from the car to make sure they are off. The stalk switch was in auto mode. I've just turned it to off, to see if it still happens.

Any ideas on the cause? I was thinking it was either the light sensor going bad, or a stuck relay. I'm not sure why the sensor would have power when the vehicle is off, however.

I would appreciate anyone who had the same problem speaking up
Hello there, We had the same thing happen last night w our Sons 2004 LC. It was and had been raining all day when I was going to bed around 930 I noticed the headlights and fog lights were on! Pretty bizarre but we got his keys out and checked lights were definitely in off positions. So he started truck let it idle for a few minutes then shut it off w lights in off mode and they didn’t come back on.
This has happened before a long time ago and I remember searching here but this is the only thing I saw this time around. I’m thinking check all the roof drains and clean up. Was it weed wacker line to put through tube drains to clean out. Could be water getting in somewhere. He might even have damp driver side floor mats?
We’re going out of town for a few days but I’ll post back up after we take a good look.

Hello there, We had the same thing happen last night w our Sons 2004 LC. It was and had been raining all day when I was going to bed around 930 I noticed the headlights and fog lights were on! Pretty bizarre but we got his keys out and checked lights were definitely in off positions. So he started truck let it idle for a few minutes then shut it off w lights in off mode and they didn’t come back on.
This has happened before a long time ago and I remember searching here but this is the only thing I saw this time around. I’m thinking check all the roof drains and clean up. Was it weed wacker line to put through tube drains to clean out. Could be water getting in somewhere. He might even have damp driver side floor mats?
We’re going out of town for a few days but I’ll post back up after we take a good look.
It was dry when my truck was acting up. It hasn't happened since I posted this. If it happens again im going to check to see if they are on a relay or a fuse, and replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom