Headlight question for my 09 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to replace just the clear cover on the front headlight housing? Mine are pretty scratched up and I was looking for whole assembly units but man are they pricey. While looking, I came across just lens covers on Alliexpress.,I have only ordered from them once for my running boards and had zero issues.

The headlight assemblies are all one piece. If they are selling covers it is likely to protect the existing headlights.

If someone is making this aftermarket, I wouldn’t expect the lens to be as high quality as the original, so no telling when they’ll start to yellow.

And this is if you can get them to seal completely.. always a challenge when removing and replacing the lenses on headlight buckets.

Maybe consider sitting back and waiting for a sale at one of the dealer sites. I did this for the (even more expensive) buckets on my 2013.. saved well over a third from MSRP.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t think it was a good way to go. Seems like from what I’ve been reading that it’s a pain to pull out the headlight assembly on the LC

Serra Toyota out of Decatur. This is the cheapest I have seen
IMG_8746.png

This is where Lexus owners get screwed. Headlight assemblies start at $510 per side on sale and go up to well over $2k depending on the year.
View attachment 3555894

Yea but not apples to apples right? The price posted above was for a basic halogen assembly from an 08 cruiser.

The headlight assembly on a 2016+ cruiser is $1000+

IMG_5018.png

The LX assemblies are expensive by any measure but it’s not like there is a Lexus tax. You are paying for AFS/HID/LED which newer cruisers now also have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom