GX 460 to Prado Conversion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you know someone comfortable with yahoo auctions in Japan, you could look here : トヨタ ランドクルーザープラド 150系 前期 純正... - ヤフオク! - https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v715222579

There may well be other good options for sourcing overseas....

- - Rick

Off topic, thanks for that link. I got to see the back of that part which helps me figure out not only how to take it off but how to mount my rear camera and new backup lights.

Here is one approach to evoking the global prado family tree:

View attachment 2598702

Front end view. On the door handle and bump strip chrome I had that masked with vinyl wrap. (And I do like the fold in mirror feature for tight trails!)

View attachment 2598710
Did you do the vinyl wrap on the door handles yourself? I have bad flaking chrome that I need to address somehow. At some point I'd like to wrap the entire car since the color is the awful Satin Cashmere....but I couldn't turn down the price, mileage and space for 2 car seats. But it was hard to let go of my Army Green 2011 FJ Cruiser

Love those OD green and tan Toyota colors! Wish we could get them on GX's!
(without the $$$$ vinyl price tag...)

Came across this the other day, and am considering it.

I've 'customized' one of my fenders and lost what was left of my right rear bumper cover after it was trimmed for a metaltech. It popped off somewhere while flexing, never to be found :/

In the meantime, I replaced the lexus front badge with a toyota one, and it seriously cut down on the questions from Mexican authorities, until I got pulled over in Mexicali, and they noticed the lexus badge on the steering wheel. They were a little bummed that I only had $400 pesos left on me...

That looks to be a nice kit. I think my question would be if the body panels are OEM Toyota or aftermarket. Most body shops will tell you there is more work involved with using aftermarket panels (setting gaps and fitment). The paint would be a few grand on top of the parts, but you'd be left with a very unique and good-looking vehicle.

Came across this the other day, and am considering it.

I've 'customized' one of my fenders and lost what was left of my right rear bumper cover after it was trimmed for a metaltech. It popped off somewhere while flexing, never to be found :/

In the meantime, I replaced the lexus front badge with a toyota one, and it seriously cut down on the questions from Mexican authorities, until I got pulled over in Mexicali, and they noticed the lexus badge on the steering wheel. They were a little bummed that I only had $400 pesos left on me...
There are ways to get it cheaper. If you live in California it will be even cheaper since the port of LA is like main port for west coast. If not it will cost a bit more for shipping but that’s direct manufacturer. If you want to cave a couple thousand maybe. I can show you how if you’re interested. Most of the parts are bolt on and you would use existing clips and screws and may need some newer hardware. Slight modification may be needed for certain things like bumper absorber. Other than that it’s mostly bolt on.

That looks to be a nice kit. I think my question would be if the body panels are OEM Toyota or aftermarket. Most body shops will tell you there is more work involved with using aftermarket panels (setting gaps and fitment). The paint would be a few grand on top of the parts, but you'd be left with a very unique and good-looking vehicle.
If you get this kit it’s OE quality and much cheaper. You’ll spend triple the price of the aftermarket for genuine oem. I’ve already got the prices and part numbers. Fitment is pretty good as they’re OE spec. I spent 2k for everything painted. So it’s not too bad. Gotta pay to play. I got the rear door tire carrier which I’m excited about.

If you get this kit it’s OE quality and much cheaper. You’ll spend triple the price of the aftermarket for genuine oem. I’ve already got the prices and part numbers. Fitment is pretty good as they’re OE spec. I spent 2k for everything painted. So it’s not too bad. Gotta pay to play. I got the rear door tire carrier which I’m excited about.
Share the wealth! Pray tell what are these part numbers, and from whence to they come? I'm definitely interested...

What are you interested in aftermarket or genuine? Front end or both front and rear?
Interested in front clip 2018+ style rear maybe later.

I should be picking my truck up from the body shop tomorrow. I'll detail what I went through to get it done and what I might suggest if you want to go down this route.

Please do. I really don't want to lift my truck, but I need extra clearance. I have a 2019 Luxury model tho, so I'm not sure how well the dynamic cruise will work with these mods.

Really interested in your experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom