Greater Boston area owners thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all - any recommendations on where to get the windshield replaced on my 01 LX? I've read plenty of posts that say to avoid Safelite

I used ocean glass in reading to do my 80 a few years back. No issues and price was fair. ( not thru insurance). Used safe lite on my 2022 4Runner and had no issues. That was thru insurance and was very expensive.

Hello Fine People,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that does fluid film. I'd like to get my 100 series fluid filmed before I re-install skid plates. Close to Boston is a bonus, but I'm willing to drive to get to a really good shop.
Thanks in advance,
Pretty late on this, haven’t been on mud in a while, but I’ve gone through a couple seasons now with 4-6 cars getting done at AC Auto in Wakefield. If you are still in need, swing by and tell them that you were referred by Chris the Landcruiser guy haha —they’ve been great to work with!

To answer @LXzibit - Coach and Carriage in Watertown fixed a sloppy Safelite install on my '06 and did a great job. Have used them for other minor touch ups as well, great work overall.

Echoing what @CT3 said, had my Cruiser coated with Woolwax by AC Auto and have been happy (admittedly only one winter on the coating).

Reactions: CT3
Putting out a quick feeler to the local group here. I’ll be stepping up to larger wheels/tires shortly, likely working with either Wellesley Toyota or Roko in Metrowest Boston area…

This will mean my current tundra steel wheels (18x8 black powdercoat) with 275/70/18 KO2s will need a new home. Please let me know if you’re interested! I have spidertrax 1.25in spacers as well that could go along with them.

These would fit 100/200 series LCs, Tundra etc.

Could do the swap live or leave them at the shop for you to pick up

Putting out a quick feeler to the local group here. I’ll be stepping up to larger wheels/tires shortly, likely working with either Wellesley Toyota or Roko in Metrowest Boston area…

This will mean my current tundra steel wheels (18x8 black powdercoat) with 275/70/18 KO2s will need a new home. Please let me know if you’re interested! I have spidertrax 1.25in spacers as well that could go along with them.

These would fit 100/200 series LCs, Tundra etc.

Could do the swap live or leave them at the shop for you to pick up

Which Tundra wheels - do you have a pic?

Reactions: CT3
Which Tundra wheels - do you have a pic?
I added a photo for reference, hopefully it comes through!

IMG_9972.jpeg

Hi All,

I have two listings in the classifieds currently in the event anyone is looking for local wheels/tires/spacers: For Sale - Boston - Set of 5 wheels/tires 18x8 Tundra Steel Wheels BFG KO2 275/70/18 LC200 TPMS - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/boston-set-of-5-wheels-tires-18x8-tundra-steel-wheels-bfg-ko2-275-70-18-lc200-tpms.1337177/

The other posting is for some very fresh 200 series heritage tires with under 3k miles —hoping to get these out of the garage before I get caught with even more sets of wheels/tires 🫣

In other news just got the methods on with some 34s! Any help you can provide in finding a buyer for the other stuff would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0672.jpeg

I may have already shared this here but I’ll send again in case there are any new members, I have a stack of five OEM take-off 200 series tires that need a new home:

Ready to entertain any/all offers, just need to free up some room in the workshop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom