FREE transmisions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got 3 extra 4 speed trans. they came out of 76-79 cruisers. they use the 1 piece transfer, either from a 3 or 4 speed.

If anyone wants one you will need to pick it up in Helena, on a fri or weekend as I'm out of town mon-thur.

If there is no interest, they'll end up at Pacific for .055 a lb.

Last edited:
Are they in good condition? I might grab one incase mine ever goes out.

as far as I know, atleast 2 of them are good. since I've gotten them, they have been inside, 2 were in running rigs and the third was in a rig that wasn't running.
we can pull the top covers off and look inside.

If it ever quits snowing, i'll take a cruise to helena. Did you guys get hit by the storm today? I'm usually off wed and thurs. Whats your schedule like during the week? I can take off a sat if need be.

If anyone wants one you will need to pick it up in Helena, on a fri or weekend as I'm out of town mon-thur.

no snow down low, just up high. rain in town.

Sorry, should have payed better attention to your first post.

Hey Paul, I'd be sorry to see 'em go for scrap, but I am going to stick with the factory 3 speed and the way-cool three-on-the-tree linkage in my 1970. :) I am doing the four wheel disc brake conversion, so I am not a total factory purist, but Mark Algazy convinced me to keep my old-timey 3 speed!

Hey Paul, I'd be sorry to see 'em go for scrap, but I am going to stick with the factory 3 speed and the way-cool three-on-the-tree linkage in my 1970. :) I am doing the four wheel disc brake conversion, so I am not a total factory purist, but Mark Algazy convinced me to keep my old-timey 3 speed!

you mean Mark didn't talk you into the old school modern 4 on the tree retro fit?

Last edited:
Mark is awfully retro, Paul I may be interested in one of those should be through helena next week, Larry

Paul,

Are you running out of room? I'm surprised to see your listing. Do these have bellhousings? If so, I'd be interested in that with the mounting bolts if you have them. Thanks.

Mark is awfully retro, Paul I may be interested in one of those should be through helena next week, Larry

Larry, let me know and I'll set them out. gone tuesday-thursday next week.

Paul,

Are you running out of room? I'm surprised to see your listing. Do these have bellhousings? If so, I'd be interested in that with the mounting bolts if you have them. Thanks.

Darrin, Yes, taking up room and there just comes a point of not keeping everything anymore. I do have bellhousings, but I'm able to move/sell those and get them shipped so, I do have them just not free

Paul

Paul,

You're welcome to stop by and see the 40 project. And if Larry, cant make it to Helena, I'll hold a tranny for him if he'd like to pick it up here.

Paul. I;m likely comming through on Thursday. got any use for a late
hard top, your's for the taking, I could maybe drop it by, Larry

Paul. I;m likely comming through on Thursday. got any use for a late
hard top, your's for the taking, I could maybe drop it by, Larry

Larry, I'll try and remember to call tomorrow. Paul

Paul, Thanks for the trannys picked them up today, the new to u FJ45 looks in really better shape than the pic's, love the hood ornament, cheers, Larry

Paul, the new to u FJ45 looks in really better shape than the pic's, love the hood ornament, cheers, Larry

Not sure what it's off of, maybe late 50's something? Did you like the dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom