FJ60 Interior Resto / Dynamat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This truck is a Blue 84 FJ60 that the owner had painted a few years ago. Our job was to make the interior and engine look as good as the outside.

What we did:

Interior
Recover and foam Driver seat bottom
New Dash Cover
Leather Steering Wheel Wrap
FatMat Everything
New Carpet
New Floor Mats
Tuffy w/ CD Player
New Front Door Speakers
Good Used Cargo Pannels w/ Spaekers
Sub in Tailgate
Re-Die Door Panel Carpet
Minor Rust Repair in Rear Wheel Wells

Engine
Re-gasket Oil Pan, Timing Cover, Lifter Cover, Manifold, Valve Cover
Clean and Paint Everything
New Hood Insulator
Replace ALL Coolant Hoses
New Water Pump
Clean & Pressure test Radiator
New Fuel Pump, Lines & Filter
Tune Up Parts

Before Pics.
DSC06457-800.jpg
DSC06456-800.jpg
DSC06455-800.jpg

Last edited:
New Carpet and Floor Mats

Tuffy

DSC06497-800.jpg
DSC06498-800.jpg
DSC06499-800.jpg

Ready for another 25 years.....

DSC06750-800.jpg

DSC06751-800.jpg

DSC06763-800.jpg

beautiful- that last picture is great- glad to see some 60's getting love

Looks great, but you forgot to do the hood shock conversion and get rid of that ugly hood prop :D

interior wheel well covers?

i am restoring the interior to my 1971 fj55 and was wondering where you got your covers for the back seat wheel wells. i was going to cover mine with a swanky leather vinyl that i am using on the door panels, but what you have looks solid. i've been having a hard time finding replacement parts for the fj55 but i'm getting more aggressive about looking. thanks, appreciate any help.

i am restoring the interior to my 1971 fj55 and was wondering where you got your covers for the back seat wheel wells. i was going to cover mine with a swanky leather vinyl that i am using on the door panels, but what you have looks solid. i've been having a hard time finding replacement parts for the fj55 but i'm getting more aggressive about looking. thanks, appreciate any help.

I don't know what this guy used, but Dynamat has an adhesive synthetic product that you could use over the wheel wells. Check it out and see if it works for you. DynaDeck

[added later] correction, DynaDeck is not adhesive. It's a vinyl coated foam product meant as a carpet substitute. It probably would need to be applied to the wheel wells in two pieces (side piece and top piece).

Last edited:
Great Job fellows, who interior carpet did you use......?

We ended up going w/ the JT kit. It isnt great but is nice enough that you can make it look good if you fight w/ it enough.

We ended up going w/ the JT kit. It isnt great but is nice enough that you can make it look good if you fight w/ it enough.

If you know how to properly install automotive carpeting (which I didn't when I installed my kit, and ended up screwing up a bunch of areas), you can make it come out pretty well. Looks like you guys might have just a bit of experience with it :D

Next carpet I put in (which is good condition OEM from a Mud member in Seattle) will be getting heavily scotch-guarded and have new wear pads put on with much tougher thread so they won't come up from the carpet over time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom