Early Bows - Dimension/Fit Check Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Folks, I've mounted up my soft top bows and I'm going to post up some pictures and dimensions.

If anyone has a set they can put on their truck, I'd like to compare the dimensions with yours so that we can record it here and also have some assurance that the pieces and any canvas would be interchangeable.

NO, I'm not making bows or tops, just want to check the dimensions so that if my truck were used to say.........make a pattern.........it would work for other rigs. ;)

Here Goes - from the side and rear:
BowFront.jpg
BowRear.jpg

OK, now the door surrounds. The opening where the soft top slides into the channel is 3/16". The vertical and horizontal bows meet tight and square.
3-16Spacer.jpg
AdjustDoor1.jpg
AdjustDoor2.jpg

This is the fit at the various attachment points.
AdjustDoor3.jpg
B-Bow.jpg
C-Bow.jpg

Now the dimensions.

Height from the top of bow to the top of the tailgate: 32-1/2"
CVert1.jpg
CVert2.jpg

Height from the top of the windshield frame to the top of the bows. Board was resting on the top of all three bows: 3-11/16"

(My wood wasn't straight so I actually measured 3 1/2" from one side and and 3 7/8" from the other.)
AVert.jpg

Door height from the top of the door opening to the opening in the horizontal door surround: 40-15/16"
DoorVert1.jpg
DoorVert2.jpg

Last edited:
Door opening from the windshield frame to the opening in the veritical door surround. 27-1/2"

(try to ignore the 1/2" stock "light tabs" installed by PO..........)
DoorHz2.jpg
DoorHz1.jpg

The tabs for the horizontal bar between the center and rear bows are slotted. I had mine set exactly in the center of each of these slots. (first pic)

Now the distance from the vertical door surround all the way to rear bow: 49-9/16"
AdjustToMiddle.jpg
B-CHz1.jpg
B-CHz2.jpg

Center bow width at the bottom (from the outside of each vertical door surround: 63-1/2"
B-BWidthBttm.jpg

Center bow width at the top (from each vertical door surround): 62"
B-BWidthTop.jpg

Rear bow width at bottom : 61-3/4"
C-CWidthBttm.jpg

Rear bow width at horizontal bar: 60-1/2"

(Try to ignore those holes, another PO mod....)
C-CWidthTop.jpg

From the channel on the windshield frame, all the way along the top of the bows to the rear bow: 78-1/2"

Again, this is with the horizontal bow in the center of the slotted tabs.
IMG_3070.jpg
IMG_3076.jpg
IMG_3074.jpg

And a picture of my ugly window channel just for reference. So let me know what you guys come up with, be interesting to see how different each one is. :lol:

Oh yeah, one piece of the hardware is installed incorrectly.........doesn't make a difference to the dimensions........just wanted to see if anyone is paying attention. :hmm:
IMG_3079.jpg

Sean, that would be great. :D

Mike, I didn't ask because these were set with yours. ;)

Step one. I got the bows mounted today. Will get some help tomorrow to do the measuring. I did a quick check as best I could by myself and things at first glance looked to be able the same.

It does look like Toyota made bows out of two different types of materials. The surface on mine is smooth. Was your some special option finish:rolleyes:

It does look like Toyota made bows out of two different types of materials. The surface on mine is smooth. Was your some special option finish:rolleyes:

Yep, these are from my first 25........I remember the son of the original owner saying his father ordered it with the optional "49 Years in New England" finish.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom