December Cruise'n Coffee?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So any thoughts about next weekend?? Saturday or Sunday?? Where? When? Actually have the weekend off and would love to catch up with everyone!

Cheers

Matt

So any thoughts about next weekend?? Saturday or Sunday?? Where? When? Actually have the weekend off and would love to catch up with everyone!

Cheers

Matt

Next weekend as in the 8th/9th? I might be in for a run.

Something next weekend is great. What do you guys think? How are conditions up towards you guys? Snow is pretty light down here still. One can still travel a lot of the roads at 8-9K. The valleys are perfect.

I have a 4:00pm commitment on Saturday but am open other than that.

Couple of possibilities: Uncompahgre or the Adobes. Bill and I had a great trip up on the divide last weekend but would expect snow mostly gone now. The Adobes are practically in my backyard but have not explored yet. This is an open play area a lot like the hills behind the airport where we wheeled a bit going to the air show. Wherever we go I'll probably tow my new trailer along as a trial run.

Ace

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Something next weekend is great. What do you guys think? How are conditions up towards you guys? Snow is pretty light down here still. One can still travel a lot of the roads at 8-9K. The valleys are perfect.

I have a 4:00pm commitment on Saturday but am open other than that.

Conditions are fine in town but as soon as you get up about 8-9k there is snow. I went a ways up Leadking a couple weeks ago and it got snowy and slick pretty quick. I pushed up into the snow a bit and it was slow a slippery coming back down.

Spent the weekend at 10K. Wouldn't recommend it right now.

I'm out for the next week or two.

D7K_0420.jpg

D7K_0420.jpg

White Wash!!!

OK, we discussed it in the meeting and people were interested in exploring White Wash and points elsewhere! here is a little primer video! About 10 Minutes in is part of the area we will be driving.

White Wash is part of a larger area utilized by OHVs. We will se a several mile long several hundred foot wide sandy wash, sand dunes and high speed Baja type trails leading up to the historic Dubinky Well and out near southern Canyonlands. This will be an all day adventure so pack accordingly. White wash is approximately 1.5 hours from Fruita.

We will meet at the Aspen Street Coffee in Fruita Colorado for a departure at 9:30 sharp!
Google map to Aspen Street Coffee: http://goo.gl/maps/6q9x9

Note I will be driving the Subaru and so as not to hold anyone's explorations up will probably bow out as we leave the White Wash area. Most of the roads are Subaru Friendly but you may want to choose something harder. Routes are easy on the map and I can give some options.

Note 2: The Dubinky and White wash areas are under constant heavy scrutiny by the BLM. Open travel areas are defined, and as always we will Stay the Trail and Tread Lightly.

I'm planning on running "Baja" and whatever else happens. I will be towing my new trailer to she how she handles the rough stuff. Who else is going? Please post up.

Ace

Great run today despite the 320 mile round trip from Cedaredge. Terrain is very Baja like as Jonathan stated earlier. Gotta say my trailer performed extremely well. Heard it said "never saw an FJ throwing rooster tails of sand while pulling a trailer". Hope someone got photos. Here are just a few:

image-3670473838.jpg

image-2306992991.jpg

image-3474615658.jpg

image-3765194634.jpg

image-2447456397.jpg

Some pics for ya.

015_zpsba212716.jpg

2141_zpsd59faa2c.jpg

085_zps704b4b80.jpg

165_zpscd9a086e.jpg

158_zpscb8e12cc.jpg