Blinking AC Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a blinking AC light. I checked the refrigerant level with one of those recharge kits and it’s in the green. If I turn the AC off for a minute or two and turn it back on the AC goes back to normal fro 20 minutes or so and then it blinks again and thenAC stops working. Any other ideas before I spend a fortune having this diagnosed?

Usually places like maxi auto will do an ac diagnostic "summer special" for $100 and get it going if it's a simple fix. If your clutch or compressor is out then that's going to cost you. If you don't know how to diagnose those things or have a proper set of gauges, look for the specials at the local shops

Usually places like maxi auto will do an ac diagnostic "summer special" for $100 and get it going if it's a simple fix. If your clutch or compressor is out then that's going to cost you. If you don't know how to diagnose those things or have a proper set of gauges, look for the specials at the local shops
Ok, so I did some more research on several forums and it seems like the ground screw on the compressor sometimes needs to be tightened- cleaned. I took it off, cleaned it and screwed it back on. No blinking light in several days.

Ok, so I did some more research on several forums and it seems like the ground screw on the compressor sometimes needs to be tightened- cleaned. I took it off, cleaned it and screwed it back on. No blinking light in several days.
Where can this ground screw be found? I tried tightening up the connector and jumping the relay and my ac compressor still won't kick on. Hoping this does the trick.

Where can this ground screw be found? I tried tightening up the connector and jumping the relay and my ac compressor still won't kick on. Hoping this does the trick.
Update, it only helped me for about 2 weeks and then went back to not working. Will be replacing the compressor this Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom