Anyone try aftermarket safety upgrades on 2015 (or earlier) LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kty

Threads
Hey everyone, new to this forum and getting serious about buying my first LX or LC in the near future.

I know there are a lot of posts about 2015 vs 2016 LXs. Personally, I prefer the look of the 2015. But as this truck will be a day driver for my wife and used for long road trips with my kids, I want the safety package of the 2016 and later.

Does anyone have experience upgrading safety features in older cars with, for example, blind spot monitoring? I can probably live without adaptive cruise control, but blind spot is a big one.

Thanks for any info you have.

There are aftermarket systems but none as nicely integrated as the factory ones. The ones I'm familiar with install sensors in the rear bumper corners under the cover, and have wires routed to somewhere in the trunk for the brain. Then two LED indicators that you can install wherever you like (e.g. outside mirrors). As you can imagine you'll have to pull wires for all this.
There might be other better systems.

I just got two spherical round stick-on mirrors that I've attached to the glass of the outside mirrors. You adjust the view by rotating them. This is the only vehicle in my garage that uses such mirrors as they are needed for this huge vehicle.

I drive a 2013 but have daily driven 2 cars with blind spot monitoring and I can whole heartedly say that it was the most useless feature behind lane keep assist.

The mirrors on an LX are so large that you can get a good view & if you're also turning your head... there's not really a blind spot.

A lot of these safety features are all smoke and mirrors, really. My last car was a 2022 with all the safety features in the world...

I turned them all off. They were horrible. I think you'll find that any LX really is as safe as they can be.

My 2013 also has radar cruise control so that's covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom