Anyone out there regret using Raptor bed liner? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

raptue equipement

Can anyone advise me on the spray gun and any other things needed to use rapture.?

Do you need a primer down first?

I used a Shutz gun. It screws directly to the bottle of Raptor, and it has a fitting that allows you to hook up an air compressor hose. I used a small air compressor when I "Raptored" my Land Cruiser's body. The actual application process was as easy as using a can of spray paint. Someone else can chime in with regard to the primer. My FJ40 has an aluminum body, not a steel body, so I used an etcher, not a typical primer.

Here's the Raptor website: http://www.u-pol.co.uk/

Shutz guns are not too expensive, but if you want to borrow mine, send me a message.

Last edited:
It depends on your budget, and how thorough you want to be. Aluminum or steel, I would highly recommend an etching primer, one that is a two part using the primer and an acid reducer. If not an etch primer, than a conversion coating followed by a fleet grade epoxy, look for the ASTM salt spray standard of 500+ hrs. Let the epoxy cure and then scuff it until you are sure it's overkill with red scotch brite pads and apply the bedliner. Almost any of the liners can be thinned with 5% or so of acetone, this will give it better flow into seams, etc.

It can get expensive, but a two part seam sealer before lining is a good idea too. My goal is to have my cruiser laugh at rust the same way it does mud.

I have a 1998 k1500 4x4 3 door short bed. Been thinking about bed lining the whole body, bed, and inside the cab. Take out the old carpet and seats spray it down put seats back in.. Could i get an estimate on how much to get? Also would it be a good idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom