...another steering wheel recover thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And today I had to do some fiddling. The aftermarket cruise control bracket was interfering slightly with the other control stalks so I wanted to move it a little. That turned out to be a big deal involving bending the horn switch sheet metal cage around quite a bit, but eventually I got there.
1699210788602.jpeg

1699210799616.jpeg

1699210812652.jpeg

1699210829489.jpeg

1699210850043.jpeg

Tomorrow I pick up the wheel for Mister Blue the diesel 105. I figure I might as well do that one too while I have all the materials out.

Nice work. I don't know if it would help you, but I made something I could sit on and it had a 1x2" board with a bolt going through it and some bearings so that It would hold the steering wheel in the middle and rotate easily and let me see my stitches. Not saying it will improve quality, but it was just easier for me to do the stitching

Think of it this way... the steering wheel rotates in your lap and is positioned as if you were to the side of it.. It wasn't a pretty setup but certainly made things easier for a noob like me.

Nice work. I don't know if it would help you, but I made something I could sit on and it had a 1x2" board with a bolt going through it and some bearings so that It would hold the steering wheel in the middle and rotate easily and let me see my stitches. Not saying it will improve quality, but it was just easier for me to do the stitching

Think of it this way... the steering wheel rotates in your lap and is positioned as if you were to the side of it.. It wasn't a pretty setup but certainly made things easier for a noob like me.
That is a great idea that I will file away. Unfortunately I am sans garage and sans workshop right now, and have to do this in my apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom