Advice on negotiating new bike price with dealer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll start by saying I have very little experience negotiating auto prices; especially for new vehicles. So, I'm looking at a Moto Guzzi with an MSPR of about $7800. One dealer says they're about 10K out the door. I saw a similarly priced Triumph with price tag that started at 8K and ended up closer to 10K after tax, prep, etc. So is 2K over MSPR typical?

So am I completely at the dealers mercy? Should I ask one dealer to beat another's price by $500+/-, or throw in a jacket? Any thoughts/strategies appreciated. Glad I found this forum!

Hmm...move to Oregon...no sales tax (for now), and cheap registration!
Best bet is to get on a guzzi forum and find out what people are actually paying! And then go from there!
MC forums usually have such a thread going.

If you really want to get a deal buy it used. There's always guys who thought they were gonna ride and then didn't for whatever reason. I saw a nice Griso on CL in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I love those things.

I'd kill a hobo for a Ducati GT1000 Sport.

Also, all the same tricks work as buying a car. End of the day, end of the week, end of the month, end of the model year. And always be willing to walk out.

If you really want to get a deal buy it used. There's always guys who thought they were gonna ride and then didn't for whatever reason. I saw a nice Griso on CL in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I love those things.

Also, all the same tricks work as buying a car. End of the day, end of the week, end of the month, end of the model year. And always be willing to walk out.

This, and cash/solid funds in hand (no financing).

Oh so many nice used bikes out there going for steals, oh so little time. . . .

All good advice... and taken to heart. Now, I don't want this to come across as bragging or showing off, but CHECK OUT WHAT I JUST GOT!!!!!
IMG_1713sv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom