Ford 85 f250 I6 2wd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy, The front of my truck is squeaking and changes somewhat you turn the wheel slightly or apply the brakes.
The brakes are new btw. it drives ok not perfect but ok. Any ideas? What are the 1st things to go on the front end of these things?:hmm:
k

never why? I huess that might be it? how often are they to be done?
k

never why? I huess that might be it? how often are they to be done?
k

I would think that it would depend on how much you drove through water.

They should have been repacked if the rotors were taken off and turned. I you only replaced the pads and did not remove the rotors then you might want to check them. If they were packed when the brake job was done. They may have set things up a bit too tight.

I have never driven through water its only run durring the summer and not much, just to get wood and haul hay. but the next time i'm in there I'll do them too
thanks
K

Not sure on the '85 model but our '97's bearings are non-servicable. I.E. you need to replace the whole hub. Does your truck have ball joints? They can get squeeky if they need lube also.

no ball joints any other ideas?
k

what are kingpins?

On the end of the axles, what a spindle rotates on. (I don't remember if the '85's still had the I-Beam suspension).
kingpin.jpg

Yah, that could be them, they are set verticaly? with a zerk at the bottom it was greased last year. I am thinking repack the bearings but there might be somethin else its a ford ya know
this rig has no true axle no "I" beam either its kinda of a funky set up with coils and 2 crosing type axles that cross between the front wheels.
thanks for all your help any other ideas?
Kyle

Kingpins last a long time, but ball joints were better from a production standpoint. How many miles are on the truck?

Its a twin I beam up front . Ford used kingpins in the full sized van till 91 and went to ball joints but still used the beams .Im sure the trucks ran along the same lines as vans .
The F150s and 250s with 4WD had what Ford liked to call TTB (twin traction beam) back then which was a sort of independent sort of live axle
All I know its they were tire eaters both 2 and 4Wd ;)
The king pins should have grease fitting on the top and bottom and some of the older ones had one in the middle on each side .

Last edited:
this one has used the same front tires for years now must be the driver:cool:
brakes need some work too. gets17-18 in town 19-20 on the highway:grinpimp:
and is a 3/4 ton:clap:
k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom