'69 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I have a 1969 FJ40 and trying to get it running again. I believe the 2bbl carburetor is just not working has new everything else, but can't seem to get the carburetor working even after having it rebuilt. Has anyone known someone who has the Weber carburetor or has used it, I want to keep the original F-engine for right now, any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, where are you? what are your symptoms? or what is it doing? won't start? won't idle? won't rev up/ no power? has the rig sat for a long time? more details please.
some guys have good luck with webers, others don't. I'm in the stay Toyota camp.
it sounds like something else is going on.
Paul

Does it squirt gas into the carb when you pump the gas. you may have a bad fuel pump, un hook the fuel line,, stick it in a jar, crank the engine and see if it pumps a good flow of gas, or pour a little fuel into the carb and see if it starts. might tell you if it is carb or ignition, I always had good luck with webers, low miliage but the mechanical secondaries were great on the highway, Larry

Thanks guy's for the reply! Paul I live in Helena I see some FJ40's around town a lot but haven't connected with anybody. I had just put in a new fuel filter and pump had the carburetor rebuilt, there is gas coming up to the carb and I've adjusted the float to the point of breaking the tab. I've put in new points, condenser and spark plugs, wires and ignition coil. I know it has to be something simple, at lest that's what I'm hoping.

Steve

Paul I live in Helena I see some FJ40's around town a lot but haven't connected with anybody. I had just put in a new fuel filter and pump had the carburetor rebuilt, there is gas coming up to the carb and I've adjusted the float to the point of breaking the tab. I've put in new points, condenser and spark plugs, wires and ignition coil. I know it has to be something simple, at lest that's what I'm hoping.

Steve

Steve, what is it doing? not running, not idling, no power? My home # 227-5794, I'm working afternoons now, usually home 9pm.
Paul

Paul, ya not running I've tried everything I can think of, I'm at a dead end. It has fuel, will crank over but will not turn over, I did have it running over the weekend now back to square one "not running".

Steve
437-2207

spark and/or Timing?

Hey Bro! Did you get her running? I finally got the water pump installed. Are you guys coming north this weekend?

Nope not yet, can't seem to figure out the problem yet but has to be the carburetor. I think I'm going to need a new one (Ouch!) there not cheap! I don't think where coming up, just going to stay home and relax for the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom