2f oil pump options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting everything back together on my engine rebuild and wondering if I shouldn’t get a new oil pump. Had no pressure issues prior to tear down. New OE oil pump is available and around $250. Can get an AISIN pump for $75 or so. I know AISIN makes OEM parts for some manufacturers. Or should I just disassemble and check the original OE part? I figure if AISIN is a good quality pump, it’s not worth dismantling the old one for $75.

Aisin is the same pump as in the Toyota box with the TEQ logo covered or machined off. It's what I put in my late 2F rebuild. The OE pumps seem to last a very long time, but $80 is cheap for the heart of your engine. As the saying goes, buy once, cry once.

Aisin is the same pump as in the Toyota box with the TEQ logo covered or machined off. It's what I put in my late 2F rebuild. The OE pumps seem to last a very long time, but $80 is cheap for the heart of your engine. As the saying goes, buy once, cry once.
Thank you sir!

There's a test with a feeler gauge somewhere in the FSM. Also, you can pull off and flip one of the gears to get even more miles out of it.
I rebuilt my 2F 20 years ago, the oil pump was one thing i didn't replace. Still have great oil pressure.

About 500k miles on the oil pump in my 2F and pressure is good. I have a mechanical Autometer gauge hooked up and oil pressure at idle is 40 psi with oil pressure rising to 60 psi at higher rpms. Same conditions on two other high mileage F series engines.

I concur with the other guys. Rebuilt the engine at 160k (manifold gasket leak...melted piston) I bought a pump rebuild kit at the time, but the pump measured as new so I left it alone. At 300K+ oil pressure is great and the kit is still in the spares box.

There's a test with a feeler gauge somewhere in the FSM. Also, you can pull off and flip one of the gears to get even more miles out of it.
I rebuilt my 2F 20 years ago, the oil pump was one thing i didn't replace. Still have great oil pressure.
Yeah I’m sure I’ll end up taking it apart for a look. The AISN pump is inexpensive in the scheme of things
I concur with the other guys. Rebuilt the engine at 160k (manifold gasket leak...melted piston) I bought a pump rebuild kit at the time, but the pump measured as new so I left it alone. At 300K+ oil pressure is great and the kit is still in the spares box.
Thanks! I started to take my pump apart today but need to get an impact driver to get the 4 Phillips headed bolts loose. Curious when you took yours apart did you put the same Phillips bolts back or replace with something else? I haven’t even looked but I’m sure those bolts have some torque setting.

About 500k miles on the oil pump in my 2F and pressure is good. I have a mechanical Autometer gauge hooked up and oil pressure at idle is 40 psi with oil pressure rising to 60 psi at higher rpms. Same conditions on two other high mileage F series engines.
Yeah from what I’m gathering these oil pumps are built to last. Heck at 200K my pump is just getting broken in compared to yours.

It was a long time ago, when I took mine apart, but I'm pretty sure I reused the original hardware and didn't bother torquing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom