2016 Rear Screens + Remote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 2016 cruiser for my wife to haul the family around. The rear right screen would not play the DVD or mirror off the ipad. The left screen would work fine. The right screen would just show the DVD menu and not the picture. So - I disconnected the battery to reset the system. Now the screens just turn on with menu options but the remote does not work and the DVD doesn't display on either.

Do I need to pair the screens/remote? I do not have a owner's manual and the online one I found isn't giving me any details. Thanks!

I don’t know how that works because I use iPads mounted on headrest tablet holders in my ‘17. Much more versatile for pretty much any age entertainment.

If you go to the Toyota owners web site and enter the VIN, you can get a pdf of the complete set of Owners Manuals and I think the info on operating the RES might be in the navigation manual? If not, how to set everything up will be in there somewhere.

c
I don’t know how that works because I use iPads mounted on headrest tablet holders in my ‘17. Much more versatile for pretty much any age entertainment.

If you go to the Toyota owners web site and enter the VIN, you can get a pdf of the complete set of Owners Manuals and I think the info on operating the RES might be in the navigation manual? If not, how to set everything up will be in there somewhere.

I'd like to see how you are holding those tablets...

The remote has a toggle switch to control left and right screen. Have you tried that?

I don’t think there is any pairing option as it’s all hard wired.

Hmmm….

c

I'd like to see how you are holding those tablets...
Here’s a couple photos from another thread of my setup. I removed the OEM screens, installed the screen delete covers from forum member/vendor Trekboxx, got the Toyota brand headrest tablet holders and put on iPads. Family loves the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom