1997 Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Edition build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the trip to Sardinia , no issues at all and all went smoothly. Check the sound of the 1hd-fte with 3 inch exhaust what a melody

Last edited:
Update:

We went for a trip to Albania and well, I faced so many issues with the Cruiser that at some moments I thought that I was not coming back on my own.

The list of the issues is:
* Just after crossing Hungary I got the limp mode, to be honest, I had this limp mode more and more frequently recently, and all the time it was related to the pedal ( codes P1120 and P1121), fortunately I bought the pedal assembly from Toyota wrecker and had it with me. Changed the pedal and out we went
* After crossing to the Montenegro the another check engine which was related to the immobiliser ( code was b2799 ) , after looking under the hood the battery terminal was quite loose so tightened the terminal and all cables and actually never saw the code again
* The engine completely shut down on the descent from the Lura national park in Albania. We had to get towed to the nearest village, at the end it was only the fusible link
* The rear left brake completely wore down and had to replace both the brake disk and pads
* After all issues sorted out I am getting the p1405 code which is related to the Turbo. Not sure what the issue is, maybe the Gturbo DTE module is bad or the turbo pressure sensor is damaged.

Other then that, the fender flare on the right side is completely off , front was damaged on the trail and then the rear went flying on the highway

Updated a water system as old was lost :-( Just a couple notes here: • using helton heat exchanger which heats the water using the engine • the water pump output is having a tee where one ouput goes to the thermostat valve and the other goes to the helton heat exchanger - this is the cold water side • the hot water from the heat exchanger goes to the thermostat valve on the hot side • the mixed output from the thermostat goes ro the tee which has one ouptut to the ball valve. This rnables me to open the valve and jist circulaze the hot water back to the tank. The other output is the output to the shower head

Update on the DTE, the Gturbo DTE chip had failed the symptoms are very same as noted on the FB page by others. Seems like the engine is surging between 1500-2000 rpm , completely gutless. The way forward is:

* Unichip X from Unichip Europe
* Plug and play harness to the ECU by Unichip Europe
* electronic boost controller ( 35 Series | MAC Valves - https://www.macvalves.com/product/35-series/ )
* usb to rs232 and programming kit together with the unichip sotware ( provided by Unichip Europe Unichip Europe | Unichip Programming Kit - https://www.unichipeurope.com/item/Unichip-Programming-Kit)
* the map itself will be provided by Australian company HD Automotive ( Pre Tuned 1HD-FTE Unichip UNI X - HD Automotive - https://hdautomotive.com.au/product/pre-tuned-1hd-fte-unichip-uni-x/#mz-expanded-view-1554937084716 )

I am very unhappy with Gturbo customer service. At this moment I would rather go UFI then Gturbo even for the turbo itself. Mistake.

This is an impressive build! Great job! Loving the mix of pics for build updates and the cruiser in use. Especially that you are visiting parts of the world I will probably never see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom