Solid shaft & BEARING style tire carrier spindles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You've got cash! Well 0's and 1's to be exact but I hear you can convert that into CASH!

Thank-you for making a quality part affordable to guys like me!

Let me know if you put up a diy swingout kit, I've got so many irons in the fire right now it's not funny.

Yes going on an 80, what would be cool is 2 bars ready to weld to the spindles, one for the spare and one for what would be a ladder/can holder, and the hardware to lock them down. Putting on a pintle/ball combo in the stock 4 hole so one would have to be longer than the other. I'd also be interested in the locking weld in pull pins and or struts.

Cool will do, old lady just got out of having a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery so I've had little time to spend on the rig over the last 3 weeks but I'll get you something in the next couple weeks.

Thanks again!

Finally got around to building a bumper. Here's a look at the spindles installed for reference.

J

P1040113.JPG
P1040114.JPG

Sweet! Are you planning on any quarter coverage or receiver?

No 1/4 protection on this build. It will be one of the options for my customers to choose from. Receiver and recovery points to come along with tire carrier for a 37" on one side and a ladder and jerry can holder on the other side.

Hows yours coming along?

J

In the middle of a front axle/knucke/ps rebuild/OME castor correction. What a frgging greasy mess it is. Had everything ready to put back and decided to wire wheel and paint the knuckle housing and hub what nots. Ran out of time so I'll finish the next weekend. Meanwhile the OPOR sliders are still sitting on the trailer waiting to go on as well as an IPOR skid. I think I need to take a vacation just so I can work on the 80.

Anyhow haven't had time to get the spindles started yet or even metal ordered!

That's a really good deal for these, I another note I never want to do a front axle rebuild EVER again, what a flipping greasy mess it is, birf soup doesn't wash out of anything either!

That's a really good deal for these, I another note I never want to do a front axle rebuild EVER again, what a flipping greasy mess it is, birf soup doesn't wash out of anything either!

Thanks, going off sale now,

I am about to pull the wifes FZJ80 in and start on the birf and knuckle work myself.

J

I ended up twisting off a felt wipe bolt, stripping a hub to flange stud and decided after disassembly to paint everything. One thing for sure a parts washer would have made the job a whole lot easier! I now have three pairs of jeans dedicated to car only maintenance!

Kurt from cruiser outfitters has an awesome price on the knuckle rebuild kit and Timkens if you're doing your wheel bearings too. Preloading the new bearings takes a bit of finesse to get them right but since I had nearly 180K on mine I decided to replace even thought they didn't look bad.

Cant wait to see the bumper , did 100 pads up front when I did mine.

are these still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom