04 TUNDRA REAL TIME HELP (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

None of this looks right. The rear rear joint has two u-joints back to back at axle. I will go by shop today and see if I can get a photo.
The rear section of driveshaft is backwards then, the cv uses a completely different joint. The slip yoke goes at the rear axle.

Here is the link to the driveshaft for your truck. This is for illustration purposes only, I'm not suggesting that you do or don't buy it.

That is how it is supposed to be.

Sean

The rear section of driveshaft is backwards then, the cv uses a completely different joint. The slip yoke goes at the rear axle.

Here is the link to the driveshaft for your truck. This is for illustration purposes only, I'm not suggesting that you do or don't buy it.

Sean
Buying a new drive shaft is next

Here are photos of my junk

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

All that looks standard, the axle side shoukd have the slip yoke and the toyota internal c clip u joint. The double cardan up by the carrier bearing is its own thing, again a specific toyota joint, parts stores don't carry either joint. Its all a special order from the two links I sent above. Its also critical to clean the slip yoke really well and get all the old grease out then regrease it and put it back in the exact same alignment relative to the rest of the shaft. I like to put paint stripes on the joints and flanges to make sure everything is back where it is supposed to go. If you don't do that, it will vibrate like a hitachi magic wand. Let me see if I can get the parts list I used to rebuild mine, it may be tonight or tomorrow.

Post a picture of the other flanged end too.

Sean

All that looks standard, the axle side shoukd have the slip yoke and the toyota internal c clip u joint. The double cardan up by the carrier bearing is its own thing, again a specific toyota joint, parts stores don't carry either joint. Its all a special order from the two links I sent above. Its also critical to clean the slip yoke really well and get all the old grease out then regrease it and put it back in the exact same alignment relative to the rest of the shaft. I like to put paint stripes on the joints and flanges to make sure everything is back where it is supposed to go. If you don't do that, it will vibrate like a hitachi magic wand. Let me see if I can get the parts list I used to rebuild mine, it may be tonight or tomorrow.

Post a picture of the other flanged end too.

Sean
Thanks for the help. Drive shaft is not at my house, but at a shop.

Sean
One has to buy whole driveshaft to replace that back to back u joint piece. 1600 bucks from Mr T.

One has to buy whole driveshaft to replace that back to back u joint piece. 1600 bucks from Mr T.
No you don't, I have replaced the individual parts. Fort wayne driveline and action machine carry most of them.

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom