Big Bend and Terlingua in the fall? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With all these fall events, when are we going to find time to visit Big Bend? I need my desert and snake catching fix.

Wife and I wanted to go after Christmas during newyear. we have never gone

For those of you that have frequented the Terlingua area, where are the best places to go wheeling? I have a friend with some land at Terlingua Ranch and hope to make a few trips a year there. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I think we are going Mid November!

are there public trails closer to Terlingua than black gap road? and/or more challenging than black gap?

If I ever get done with my Suburban I would be in...... I have heard good and saw Pics of a Bens disco on its roof. My truck is not street legal right now or I would take it....

Why don't we put a multi-chapter trip together for Veterans Day weekend in Feburary to Big Bend and Terlingua? With that much notice people should be able to schedule the time off to make it.

To the people who have gone to Big Bend in the past; what is the minimum supplies/prep for a trip to Big Bend. I just picked up a stock/locked 95 fzj80 and would like to go if some others are going to be headed that ways.

To the people who have gone to Big Bend in the past; what is the minimum supplies/prep for a trip to Big Bend. I just picked up a stock/locked 95 fzj80 and would like to go if some others are going to be headed that ways.

In the summer, bring lots of water. In the winter, bring lots of blankets.

You need to make sure that your vehicle is in excellent mechanical condition with extra gasoline and spare belts, fuses, etc. Take some time when planning a trip to a place as desolate as BBNP.

Why don't we put a multi-chapter trip together for Veterans Day weekend in Feburary to Big Bend and Terlingua? With that much notice people should be able to schedule the time off to make it.

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN!!!!!!:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

I like the idea of a date in Feb.
Never much going on in that month. ( I am going on the assumption that the TTR Jamboree is still in Jan.)
CAS

So lets pic a date in Feb. so we can get to planning this thing out and have as many people as possible go in a group! I know Brett is getting the San Antone guys and gals together. Hes also quite the tour guide down there he deffinately adds something to the trips. Anyone contacted the Austin and Houston clubs about this??? Feb. will be here before we know it!!!:cheers:

Feb Multi chapter/club Big Bend trip

What about Feb 21 -24 (Thurs - Sun)? That avoids Valentine's day, puts it far enough away from the TTR Jamboree and events in March.

I'm game and I can recruit several people down here to go.

What about Feb 21 -24 (Thurs - Sun)? That avoids Valentine's day, puts it far enough away from the TTR Jamboree and events in March.

I'm game and I can recruit several people down here to go.

Those dates sound good to me! May stay a lil longer myself. But I know Chris Smith and I have to work the weekend of the 8th. Ill talk to Chris about it in a lil bit. Hopefully a few more will chime in here!!

I didn't realize it was only two weeks out from Katemcy. Early Feb will conflict with the Jamboree. March looks booked due to Katemcy, April may be the last good month before it gets too warm but I'd hate to wait that long.

Anyone have an idea or do we stick with the Feb dates?

That's a big trip for being just 2 weeks prior to Katemcy, but if that's it, I'll put the word out over on TTR....

Just talked to Chris 21st seems good for him. And the new guy in our group that just got his 80 says those dates are good for him too. So thats 3 rigs. Really dosent seem to be a time where its not going to be close to anything so I say just set it for those dates and let people start planing. Just my 2 cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom