1983 BJ60 trail rig for sale in Fairfield, Iowa, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After a brief love affair I’ve decided to sell my ’83 BJ60. I’m too poor and too mechanically ignorant for a 24 year old truck. Also, my expedition plans have been put on indefinite hold for grad school in San Francisco, so I have no need for this much truck.

Right now, the rig is located in Fairfield, Iowa (in the SE corner of the state). If I don’t get any serious interest soon, I’ll drive it to New Mexico where I’ll be working for the summer.

Here’s the lowdown:

The Good:
-Legally imported to the US and registered in Iowa. All papers.
-Legendary 4 cyl. 3B diesel motor. Solid as a rock.
-Low miles (284K kilometers = 176K miles)
-Brand new Toyota 4wd transfer case.
-5-speed manual transmission.
-Power steering.
-Dual battery configuration.
-Aluminum bullbar, manufacturer unknown.
-Warn 8000 winch.
-Kaymar steel rear bumper with swing-out tire carrier and jerry can carrier.
-ARB air lockers front and rear.
-CB.
-New belts, fluids.

The Bad & Ugly:
-Amateur hour olive drab paint.
-Some rust, courtesy of British Columbia.
-Some dents.
-Interior is rough.
-No stereo or speakers.
-Mismatched set of tires – 3 Pirelli Scorpions, 1 Wild Country Radial APT. (All 235/75 R15).
-Tailgate lock is busted. Could be an easy repair but I haven’t had time to look into it.
-Passenger door uses a different key. Locksmith should be able to re-key it.
-Also, I had an electrical fire about 10 months ago. Put it out real quick like (i.e. <90 seconds). Damage was limited to one battery and wiring in the immediate vicinity. Cause: idiot PO who left wire unfused after he pulled the original radio. Fully repaired.
-For more info and a couple of photos read my full story at https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=151687

The truck runs great. I just drove it from Rhode Island to Iowa with no problems whatsoever. Got around 21-22 mpg on the highway (I verified the odometer reading with GPS—it’s accurate).

Asking 8,000.00 USD.
Don’t be afraid to make an offer—the worst I’ll do is say no.
PM or email me at eric(at)brown(dot)edu.

PM box if Full. Do you still have this?

Now in New Mexico.

A few updates:

Yeah, I've still got the rig. My location, however, has changed. Right now I'm located near Las Cruces, NM doing research in the desert all summer. Las Cruces is about one hour from El Paso, TX.

I added Sylvania Silverstars headlights, extended the tailpipe which eliminated exhaust fumes in the cabin, and also got some new (used) tires. 31x10.5, plenty of tread, not big name brands (actually forget what they are at the moment).

I can send folks high rez pics, if interested. Oh, and here's my gmail address: ericanand@gmail.com. (Having trouble logging in to my school's VPN, so probably best to avoid the address I posted earlier).

Still asking $8K, but open to all serious offers.

-Eric

Thanks Eric!
More later,
Nick

Price reduced, still located near Las Cruces, NM

It's pretty clear my original asking price was, well, rather on the high side. Some folks have suggested storing my truck until I've got more space and cash, but I don't think that's realistic for the immediate future. In other words, she's gotta go!

So, my new asking price is $5500. obo.
I'd like to sell before I leave New Mexico on September 1st, so make an offer.

Oh, and here are some hi-res photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10109791@N07/sets/72157600841936137/

Feel free to PM or email (ericanand at gmail dot com) for more photos or info.

-Eric

SOLD!

cruiser heads will help

Eric; I feel your pain,I've got myself an 83 bj60 also. I got a little luckier as mine was bought from a dealer in portland oregon. I got a great one, not much rust and motor and trans seem ok so far... I have done alot of research and it seems that toyota designed this vehicle to last a million miles! yes a million so it is seriously over-built. I know your havin some doubts about your 60 but if you apply some effort it wont be wasted. This is the best built vehicle on earth, thats why they drive them across africa and the australian outback!
If you need any info you can e-mail me at lsporteous@gmail.com and I'll try to give you any info I have aquired. I've gotta run. hope to see ya out on the trail,in the most capable,safest and tough mutha vehicles of all time.
I promise your not:deadhorse:
ps. call sheldon at - gscruiserparts.com or 604-823-4458, they are very helpful
good luck dude...:smokin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom