Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having considered OME, King Springs, Dobinsons, OEM and IronMan springs for my 60 ... I have found what I think may be the answer.

All the above would cost me over $1500 since they are not available in the UK so I will have to pay heavy shipping costs and import duty.

.. Then I started thinking about Parabolic springs. I used to have a set on a series 3 Land Rover I owned about 6 years ago. They were fantastic - almost as good as a coil sprung vehicle. I have found a company in Holland that manufactures Parabolic springs for all leaf sprung Land Cruisers. The cost is about $750. Maybe this has been covered before? Info is here:

http://www.parabolicsuspension.com/toyota/lcruiser.htm

It looks good. 50mm lift and improved ride and not too much $$. I should get them in about 10 days and will post photos and let you know my opinion once fitted. In the meantime, like to know if anyone has seen / tried them on a cruiser.
parabollockssized 001.jpg
parabollockssized 002.jpg

Last edited:
That looks cool. I'm kind of a newbie yet, but I haven't seen those before. Anyone in the US sell those?

If anyone wants more info, or to enquire about US resellers or even order a set and have them shipped to the US, the man to email is Paul Heijstee -

paul@parabolicsuspension.com

The shipping cost to the UK was about $100. They don't weigh that much so cost only about a third of the price of shipping conventional springs.

Funny! I had e-mailed them last week, no distributor in US but said I could buy direct.

Dear John,
Thank you for your e-mail. We only have a distributor for the LandRover
systems. You can order direct from us if you want. We can send the kit per
airfreight at good rates, or you can have the kit collected.

Attached you find the price list.
If you have any questions please e-mail me.

Regards,

Paul Heijstee

TIC Parabolic Suspension Systems
TIC Special Parts for Series Land Rovers
Gendersedijk 15a
4265JJ Genderen
The Netherlands

e-mail: paul@parabolicsuspension.com <mailto:paul@parabolicsuspension.com>
/ paul@ticonsole.nl <mailto:paul@ticonsole.nl>
websites: www.parabolicsuspension.com <http://www.parabolicsuspension.com>
/ www.ticonsole.nl <http://www.ticonsole.nl>

always good to have options.... thanks Jim :)

-db-

wow imagine if ya had a rock buggy 60 style with those spring on a SOA set up... running super soft shocks and a chopped rear end... droooolll....bring on da rocks

I've read about these b4... i could only find rover stuff... the kit looks like a really good deal... springs ubolts shock lots of bushings. for round...$700 plus shipping.... seems real good

in all my reading i have only heard good things about parabolic springs... and i am sorry i don't have the links on this computer... (i am currently in texas)

dan

jim please keep us informed!!!!! looks like a real cool option!!!!

Oh jim is that price in Pounds Euros or is it really US dollars??

dan

This looks like a reasonable optio - especially for a 60 that sees a lot of street driving. The prices I saw were in Euros. Slightly more than the US buck right now, I believe.

they do ride nice, but they flex very very well for leaf packs (from my Series experiences)

$1 equals Euro 1.19

Front Springs are 133 euro each = US$ 158
Rear Springs are 163 euro each = US$ 193

The Kit - which includes springs, bushes & U bolts costs 643 euro - 5% discount.. Total is 610,85 euro = US$ 725

I bet if enough people in the US wanted these you could get a big discount if you ordered together.

I was hoping to get my kit next week but have been informed that all remaining stock has been earmarked for customers and the next batch won't be in the warehouse until early June. Apparently a set has been ordered by a Canadian - but not paid for. I'm hoping I might get that set since I have until the end of the month to return the cheapo springs I just fitted if I am to get a refund. If 'the Canadian' is reading this - please let me have your springs.

I will let you know how it rides and handles once I have the springs fitted. I have emailed the owner of the 60 pictured on the site. He is very happy with them.

More info on parabolics here http://www.chrisperfect.com/springs_index.html This is a guy in the UK that sells to the Landrover market.

Jim

I emailed Paul yesterday about possibly becoming a dealer for them here if the products look good. Told him I'd like to order a kit in order to check it out regardless of if they want an east coast based US dealer.

So I'd love to have a channel available for them here as we are heavily involved with rovers as well as the toys....

Man, those things are flexy. With that much flex, tire size would really be limited in SUA. I wonder how well they would work in a SOA as far as axle wrap goes.

yeah does anybody know about them for a SOA they look mad flexy...almost too flexy...but when i need to replace my stockers down the line those would nice to have...i just wonder if they were too flexy for a SOA....you would have to have some hella stiff shocks to control the weight of a 60

Just get good stiff shocks, and get their heavy load bearing ones.
They look like a good alternative.

i would like to see more cruisers running these springs (SUA and SOA). Looks really cool.

We've seen their springs (TIC) used for a while with the rovers as I said and they are good units....It was just recently that I actually began to wonder if they'd do something for us folk.

SOA and these may be too much...be awful flexy though!!

here's a Canadian maker of parabolic springs http://www.parabolicsprings.com/index.html
the site just lists landrover applications but I've heard they also sell landcruiser springs.

So If they're supposed to be so good, why dont you see more parabolic springs in North America??

[quote author=dingo link=board=29;threadid=16201;start=msg156673#msg156673 date=1084499610]
here's a Canadian maker of parabolic springs http://www.parabolicsprings.com/index.html
the site just lists landrover applications but I've heard they also sell landcruiser springs.

So If they're supposed to be so good, why dont you see more parabolic springs in North America??
[/quote]

In the grand scheme of things they're pretty new (started being built by Santana in the early 80's for their rigs)....In the Rover sector they are considered a great upgrade.

I installed a set of Rocky Mountain Parabolics in a friends SIIa last year and he's been RAVING about them.

Check out Mike at ECR... http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Parabolics.html He's the guy who kinda turned me on to them a while back.

ya the more pics i see and the more i think about it you'd prob. have to double up on the shocks..to swing those spring on a SOA setup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom