Which Monroe shock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased four Monroes from an autoparts store. Gas Matics. The fronts were an exact fit. The rear Monroe's had a eye to stem mounting instead of eye to eye (what came from my truck). I returned the shocks but they state that is what should be on 40's from 76 on. Thet state that the 75 and earlier rear shocks were the one that had the stem to eye mounting. Either a) my rear axle is not stock or b) they have no clue. By the way, this information came from Monroe not the parts store. So, I asked for the 75 and earlier shock data (59001) and the data for the 59003 (76 55). Both are eye to eye.

So, question is what is up and does anyone have the correct data for a 76 rear stock driveline shock measurement and/or a correct part number for a Monroe Gas Matic. The 59001 is listed as 12" compressed and 19.875 extended. 59003 is 13.25 compressed and 22.38 extended.

Thanks.

pretty sure all fj40/5 used rears with eye/eye. even fj60s still used eye/eye in the rear.

Thought so. Thanks Pimp.

I am going to cross reference the Rancho Shocks for a stock 40 to the Monroe shocks in terms of travel measurements.

OK. Talked to a 4th person at Monroe. They admitted to an incorrect catalog number in the database. The 59003 (not 59002) is correct for the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom