hilux KZ-TE fuel pump adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi there everyone. i have a toyota hilux with the 3.0 KZ-TE engine and it looks like its loosing some power , and i would like some help on how to adjust the fuel pump to get back some more power and performance, please thanks.

I wouldnt jump to pump adjustments just yet.. perhaps confirm the Boost Sensor is working properly first and rule out other causes..

I wouldnt jump to pump adjustments just yet.. perhaps confirm the Boost Sensor is working properly first and rule out other causes..
the boost sensor looks ok, just want to know how to know if there is a way to tweek the fuel pump because i have tried everything except that.thanks

If it is a infact an "e", you need a chip to adjust fuel. I second the boost sensor, had one go on my 1hdfte. Gradual loss of power, especially when hot. Swapped out a ton of parts before i finally found the problem. Lucky my mate has the same vehicle. Also don't forget things like dirty fuel or air filters or a split hose from the manifold to the boost sensor.

hi there everyone. i have a toyota hilux with the 3.0 KZ-TE engine and it looks like its loosing some power , and i would like some help on how to adjust the fuel pump to get back some more power and performance, please thanks.

Look for vacuum leaks between your boost sensor and the intake manifold.

Do you have gauges? Boost? EGT? These should tell the story of what is happening. Are you getting normal boost, are your EGTs normal or colder than normal?

It's easy to turn up fuel on the pump, but as said above, this is not an adjustment that normally needs to be done unless you have installed an intercooler or are running higher boost levels. By turning up the fuel without increasing air you will run higher EGTs which can damage your motor.

Anyhow, here is how you do it. You can turn the fuel up from stock adjustment as much as 7/8ths of a turn. Don't turn more, or you'll get a run-away diesel situation as soon as you go for a drive. Also, you would not turn it up that much unless you had a lot of engine modifications to support that much fuel:

pumpadjustmentju4.jpg

Look for vacuum leaks between your boost sensor and the intake manifold.

Do you have gauges? Boost? EGT? These should tell the story of what is happening. Are you getting normal boost, are your EGTs normal or colder than normal?

It's easy to turn up fuel on the pump, but as said above, this is not an adjustment that normally needs to be done unless you have installed an intercooler or are running higher boost levels. By turning up the fuel without increasing air you will run higher EGTs which can damage your motor.

Anyhow, here is how you do it. You can turn the fuel up from stock adjustment as much as 7/8ths of a turn. Don't turn more, or you'll get a run-away diesel situation as soon as you go for a drive. Also, you would not turn it up that much unless you had a lot of engine modifications to support that much fuel:

View attachment 1128011
i there my KZ-TE has a diferent pump it is not the same has the one on the image, my is the E12 pump it as an electronic throtle,not cable.

this is the pump that i have, please help.

Sorry, I think with that one you do need to make changes at the engine computer to increase fuel.

Have you checked your fuel filter to make sure it's not clogged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom