1hz Troopy Blue Smoke? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
Looking for a bit of help. Just recently brought a 1994 Troopy. 2 weeks after i brought it, started to stall and run real sluggish also blowing blueish smoke. I fixed the stalling and the sluggishness, 3k later! Reconditioned the Pump and new injectors, but obviously the blueish smoke is another issue. Guessing the rings need doing.
Im in Melbourne at the moment and wondering if anyone one knows of somewhere reliable as i really don't want to get shafted?
Cheers
Robbie

Welcome to the forum mate how bad is the smoke does the engine feel under powered when driving.

Thanks mate, fair but of smoke, I can notice the smoke when i accelerate a little and even when i accelerate and then back off. Didn't smoke when i revved it when i brought it, and the guy seamed fairly genuine. Jokes on me!!
Don't think there is a lot of power loss but. Its defiantly running better now i got a new pump and injectors. Probably should have just done a engine swap! Anyway need to deal with it now!

Do you live in Melbourne or Byron Bay if its not a major smoker just take it home and have it repaired but you may need to add ring seal and new oil from a local Repco dealer.

Live in Byron but down in Melbourne till november for work.
I might try some of that ring seal! Ive ordered a rx mono 30 for a oil change. Suffolk engine rebuilders in Ballina said they put that in whenever they rebuild a motor, also may help being a thicker oil.
Just took the oil cap off, started it up and no air coming up from the cap which is a good sign, referring to you tube videos!
Love the troopy but really afraid i brought a lemon! haha if theres a lemon out there Ill buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom