Sequoia trip: What I learned (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those of us that don't have access to videos here... What happened? You dented a rear DC Fabs Bumper?

yup, came down hard on the driver rear corner and creased the metal a little bit!...the bumper took it like a champ!

yup, came down hard on the driver rear corner and creased the metal a little bit!...the bumper took it like @socallove !
fixed.
Wish I coulda made it. Sounds like a good group!

So I'm waiting for a summary of lessons learning here. :bang:

Let's see:
1) don't begin maintenance the night before a big trip :confused:
2) have required parts on hand before disassembly begins :cool:
3) don't have too much weight on your roof rack in off-camber situations :doh:
4) don't get rid of the wiring harness that others have been telling you install for the past 6 months :crybaby:
5) maybe 67+ pages of overheating problems boils down to just 2 or 3 simple things :hmm:
6) even if you ignore #1-5 you can still have a fantastic time out in the woods :bounce:

And an icon in the best Joey-tradition of posts: :flipoff2:

This was a great read! I wish I was back living in California just so I could have tagged along and learned from you guys. Thanks for sharing!

CB Radio? what is this the 1970's? The HAM radio tech test is designed to make you pass, and the radios are now dirt cheap. Additionally, you actually get outstanding reception over long distances.

CB Radio? what is this the 1970's? The HAM radio tech test is designed to make you pass, and the radios are now dirt cheap. Additionally, you actually get outstanding reception over long distances.

Agreed but still difficult to arrange for everyone attending.

BTW, are you still in Alaska or are you already back?!?!

trail pic.jpg

here is a photo Eric took of my rig!

Oh
and I have a fishing pole and a George Foreman grill I take.

There is something VERY wrong with brining an electric grill anywhere outside a home!!!!! Is this not a camping trip? Was there a cooking fire ban?

There is something VERY wrong with brining an electric grill anywhere outside a home!!!!! Is this not a camping trip? Was there a cooking fire ban?

Electric grill? There was no electric grill. Electric rice cooker you mean? And hell yeah! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom