What options for GX roof rack/roof awning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now that we have done some years of camping with the GX using our small backpacking tent and a standalone canopy, we are looking at attached awnings like the oz or the cvt. we need to buy a good roof rack, but want to get a low profile nice looking one. We will need it for attaching some gear and the occasional Home Depot run. Any suggestions on racks and awnings or tents with the GX. Our days of getting dressed in a 36" tall tent are over I think.

FrontRunner is your only option for a direct bolt on.

FrontRunner is your only option for a direct bolt on.
My Rhino Rack bolted right onto the factory points (after removal of the OEM rack).

Frontrunner and Rhino Rack are the same rack

Equipt carries the Eezi-Awn K9 roof rack system in three sizes. They have a rail that mounts to your roof using the factory roof rack locations. No drilling in the roof that I know of. Adventure Driven has one on Lexy. Looks like the lowest profile available and the longest rack too if you so desire.
http://www.equipt1.com/i/roof-racks/lexus-gx470

thanks...that looks like a good one to consider. Right now I am looking at the Baja/frontrunner, the Gobi stealth and now the eezi-Awn. I think if we end up buying the CVT Shasta roof top tent, we can make it work with any of these rack systems and still attach a hi-lift or other accessories on the side of the rack somewhere. On looks alone, I sure like the Gobi stealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom