LJ78 Headlight question.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just confirming the headlight size for the LJ78 is 5x7.

I went to replace both H4 headlight bulbs with brighter bulbs and saw that the passenger side one on my truck is a sealed beam, not like the drivers side. This is now really bugging me, and I would like to ebay H4 conversion lenses so both are the same.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mine are both H4 housings, and I just replace the bulbs. So maybe a previous owner replaced one of yours with a sealed housing? Ebay H4 kit should fix that. Or look into HID kits.

I just need to know what size to order. ...6x8....5x7...6x7??? Anyone ordered them before?

Sorry man, I don't know off the top of my head. I just assumed they were the standard size which I think is 6x8.

Ill check out an autoshop..... both lenses on my truck measure 5x7..... 6x8 seemed like it could work if it was measuring the size of the hole where the light fits in. :)

Ill check out an autoshop..... both lenses on my truck measure 5x7..... 6x8 seemed like it could work if it was measuring the size of the hole where the light fits in. :)

If you look at this Hella H4 kit, they have a picture with dimensions. http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hla-003427811/overview/ You could check it against your measurements. This is what other toyotas of the same vintage are, so I'm going to assume these will fit in our trucks. They call them H6054 200mm H4 housings. I bought a Bosch version of these back in the day at Canadian Tire, and they were amazing.

HLA-003427811_AT.jpg

Sorry to resurrect this thread...

Can anyone confirm that the Hella conversion kit that GTSSportCoupe referenced will actually fit an LJ78 (1992 but don’t think that matters...)? The dimensions for the lens looks correct or at least close enough to work. But not sure about the dimensions for the mounting bracket. I think they look to be different dimensions but without taking the light out, thought I would check and see if anyone has used this kit.

My headlights are in pretty rough shape inside the housing and do not throw much light even with decent replacement bulbs.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone has a good source for these other preferably in Canada, please advise...

Sorry to resurrect this thread...

Can anyone confirm that the Hella conversion kit that GTSSportCoupe referenced will actually fit an LJ78 (1992 but don’t think that matters...)? The dimensions for the lens looks correct or at least close enough to work. But not sure about the dimensions for the mounting bracket. I think they look to be different dimensions but without taking the light out, thought I would check and see if anyone has used this kit.

My headlights are in pretty rough shape inside the housing and do not throw much light even with decent replacement bulbs.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone has a good source for these other preferably in Canada, please advise...
Your headlights are the standard 5x7. I like my trucklite LEDs a lot, but they do have a downside. They aren’t warm enough to melt falling snow. I need to figure out some sort of heat tape.

Your headlights are the standard 5x7. I like my trucklite LEDs a lot, but they do have a downside. They aren’t warm enough to melt falling snow. I need to figure out some sort of heat tape.
They make a heated version in the 7in round. Don’t know about the rectangular

I have the same problem with my LED H4 lamps. I carry an extra set of halogens with me just in case. Luckily in Victoria we rarely get snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom