Kitchen Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
th.jpg

I saw this thing in action a month ago. It's a Beaver Tree kitchen box.

I WANT ONE!!

Seems they are not being made anymore, and I will otherwise have to resort to Fleabay.

I've searched and can't seem to find anything similar for a reasonable price. The Kanz kitchen is great, but WAY too much$$$ There is the guy selling the plastic corrugated model, which is not durable enough.

I like the plastic (weight). Cabelas, etc., does not seem to have this set up.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Get some 1/4" Baltic Birch plywood and build one?

http://www.blueskykitchen.com/
http://mycampkitchen.com/mini-chef-by-my-camp-kitchen/
http://www.drifta.com.au/ <---I think these are available in the US now, e-mail Luke to find out

I just use bushel apple boxes, working out pretty well for me so far.

I really like that Beaver Tree box. The way the stove stays in position with a covering lid. Very basic
woodworking skills and some 1/4" ply and you could copy it quite easily. As rusty said, that I like is
using bushel apple boxes, in fact I liked them so much I build 3 X 1/4" ply boxes of identical dimensions to
use back in 1988. I still use them, they are perfect dimension, especially for lifting in and out of the truck.
I recommend you build your own.

I have considered building apple boxes, they pack perfectly in almost any vehicle. But then I realize I can go the grocery store and get new ones anytime I want, for free.

A cool thing to do is to line your apple box with a 10mil trash bag, pack your gear, fold the trash bag over and put the top on. It keeps stuff dry and dust free. If you can find waxed bushel boxes they are pretty indestructible they also make great survival fire starter.

http://www.blueskykitchen.com/

I just use bushel apple boxes, working out pretty well for me so far.

I use plastic milk crates. I am looking to have a bit nicer, more organized camp set up, for multi-day camp sites. Normally it is moving every day.

I saw also saw the Dom's link for the Beaver Tree item. It's backordered. Dom's seems to be the only place that I can find it....... Beaver Tree is probably discontinued/out of business.

As far as building one from scratch, I suck as a finish carpenter. :hillbilly::hillbilly: Joinery, wassat?

The bluesky link above for the grubby one kit is doable (I assemble and stain/paint). I missed that in my searching before. I didn't read past the plans for sale link, :doh: Same price as the Beaver Tree, yet includes shipping :grinpimp:

Thebluesky's wood box (only 25 pounds!) is a lot nicer than plastic. Easily customizable, too. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Plus it should keep the rattles down as I have a 100 series and it will be traveling inside.. IH8 rattles.

I use plastic milk crates. I am looking to have a bit nicer, more organized camp set up, for multi-day camp sites. Normally it is moving every day.

I saw also saw the Dom's link for the Beaver Tree item. It's backordered. Dom's seems to be the only place that I can find it....... Beaver Tree is probably discontinued/out of business.

As far as building one from scratch, I suck as a finish carpenter. :hillbilly::hillbilly: Joinery, wassat?

The bluesky link above for the grubby one kit is doable (I assemble and stain/paint). I missed that in my searching before. I didn't read past the plans for sale link, :doh: Same price as the Beaver Tree, yet includes shipping :grinpimp:

Thebluesky's wood box (only 25 pounds!) is a lot nicer than plastic. Easily customizable, too. :smokin::smokin::smokin:

Plus it should keep the rattles down as I have a 100 series and it will be traveling inside.. IH8 rattles.
We have a whole bag of tricks to keep rattles down in the 100, a lot of it comes down to a systematic approach to packing.

76433.jpg
Used to have one of these.
Now have a slide out kitchen in the 60.

those Drifta slide outs are Sue Wheat...I haven't built one yet cause I haven't reconciled the volume to weight thingy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom